House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Talk About Adding Insult To Injury

Why the f did they report the story in this way? :angry: This kid will be getting hell in school for this and it will follow him about for years. And he's the victim ffs. I'm not adding to it by posting this by the way as it's not identifying him, and people who know him will already know it was him.

Redruth boy, 15, wet himself after being punched in the face

A 15-YEAR-OLD Redruth boy wet himself after a man punched him in the face and broke his BMX bicycle.

At Truro Magistrates’ Court on February 5, Michael Budden, 20, who gave his address in court as Highfield Road, Camelford, admitted assaulting by beating the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, on July 25, last year in Redruth.

He also pleaded guilty to causing criminal damage to the value of £100 to the boy’s bike.

Anita Kennett, for the Crown Prosecution Service, said it was about 9.30pm when the boy rode his bike past Budden who started shouting at him and accusing him of saying things about Budden’s then girlfriend.

Ms Kennett said: “Then he was punched to the face by the defendant, he was crying and screaming, when he returned home he had wet his trousers.”

Budden also picked up the boy’s bike and threw it.

The boy suffered a bloody nose and bruises in the attack and could not afford to have his bike fixed.

Dieter Kehler, defending, said Budden had been living in a hostel at the time of the incident and had been taking speed, methedrone and cannabis but that he had since stopped taking the drugs and was looking for work.

Magistrates sentenced Budden to a 12-month community order with 100 hours’ unpaid work.

He was also placed on a 7pm to 7am curfew for six weeks and ordered to pay £150 compensation to the boy, £40 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Redruth-boy-15-wet-punched-face/story-20620253-detail/story.html

Why the f did they report the story in this way? :angry: This kid will be getting hell in school for this and it will follow him about for years. And he's the victim ffs. I'm not adding to it by posting this by the way as it's not identifying him, and people who know him will already know it was him.

http://www.westbrito...tail/story.html

Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then remember that half the people in the world are even stupider.

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Redruth-boy-15-wet-punched-face/story-20620253-detail/story.html

A nasty experience for a young lad, but I'm not sure if he'll get hell for that in school, it depends what kind of bearpit he goes to.

A nasty experience for a young lad, but I'm not sure if he'll get hell for that in school, it depends what kind of bearpit he goes to.

The school's in Redruth, this is the old tin mining centre of Cornwall that, whilst briefly the richest place on the planet during the old boom times (seriously) has been the back end of nowhere since most of the tin mines closed in 1880. Think rough northern mining town, a population living there because there used to be jobs in their great grandparents' day and they can't afford to move anywhere better.

http://www.westbrito...tail/story.html

Couldn't agree more. Worth a letter of complaint I think (several) That was seriously mucky reporting.

I don't understand. What if there is an odd number?

Surely that is a perfect parameter for the statement?