Harry Sacks

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I've had so many people bang on to me about how wonderful redbush tea is.

"Just like ordinary tea," they say. "Anti oxidants, caffeine free, yada, yada . . "

But it's horrible. It tastes like the really cheap stuff you get in swimming pool vending machines. It has a really unpleasant 'burnt' aftertaste. If that's the price of living longer, then stuff it.

And anyway, what's wrong with a bit of caffeine in moderation? Doesn't all tea contain anti-oxidants? I read recently that red tea (ordinary, PG Tips type) contains more than green (that truly, deeply, awfully unpleasant stuff that smug people drink).

In answer to the question; Ceylon / Assam mix, from a pot, with fresh full-fat milk.

What you drink from makes a difference too. Tea from China cups tastes different to tea from mugs. Don't know why, but it does.

....and don't get me started on herbal teas. Bloody stuff. There are few things that really anger me, but, for some reason, herbal tea does. Perhaps because it always smells a million times better than it tastes.

HOLA448

What is all this about!! c'mon guys/gals this isn't the C4 forum is it? we'll be talking about curtains and tablcloths next, snap out of it :lol::lol:

HOLA449

But it's horrible. It tastes like the really cheap stuff you get in swimming pool vending machines. It has a really unpleasant 'burnt' aftertaste. If that's the price of living longer, then stuff it.

And anyway, what's wrong with a bit of caffeine in moderation?

Well each to his own, but we'd have to have a proper taste test to see whether we're talking about the same thing. :) At this time of year a nice Winter Roibos with apple and orange mixed up with the loose tea is fantastic.

Anyway, I can't do the caffeine thing. I don't drink black tea or coffee, so one cup would keep me awake all night.

HOLA4410

I've had so many people bang on to me about how wonderful redbush tea is.

"Just like ordinary tea," they say. "Anti oxidants, caffeine free, yada, yada . . "

And anyway, what's wrong with a bit of caffeine in moderation? Doesn't all tea contain anti-oxidants? I read recently that red tea (ordinary, PG Tips type) contains more than green (that truly, deeply, awfully unpleasant stuff that smug people drink).

In answer to the question; Ceylon / Assam mix, from a pot, with fresh full-fat milk.

What you drink from makes a difference too. Tea from China cups tastes different to tea from mugs. Don't know why, but it does.

....and don't get me started on herbal teas. Bloody stuff. There are few things that really anger me, but, for some reason, herbal tea does. Perhaps because it always smells a million times better than it tastes.

Them's fighting talk.

Redbush is not bitter at all. Maybe if the bag is left in for five minutes or something but otherwise it is a very smooth drink which is why I don't need milk with it.

As far as caffeine goes, I try not to drink it and am further limited by the environmental damage done by the industrial processes that occur in taking caffeine out of coffee.

So redbush is tasty AND it is a really right-on drink.

And consa, I'm ignoring what you said. :P

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

What is Earl Grey exactly? You can get earl grey biscuits etc etc...

I like tea most when someone else makes it! :rolleyes:

it's one of those teas you order in "Bettys Tea Rooms" because you want to look posh...but you have to remind the waitress that shes forgot to bring the milk jug......staff huh .........yerrrr I know :rolleyes:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Archived