House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Hairy Cornflake Walks Free.

Not guilty on twelve counts of fourteen. Some confusion on two counts - 'hung jury', but no retrial ordered on those.

Couldn't they at least have convicted him for being annoying?

As the song goes, acceptable in the 70s.

Now the distractions are over it's time for the politicians.

Do you reckon that will happen or is all the chatter destined to become nothing more than internet folklore?

A man choosing The Chuckle Brothers as character witnesses deserves to get off ANY charge whatsoever.

"To you, to me" - probably would have worked at Nuremberg that one....

XYY

A man choosing The Chuckle Brothers as character witnesses deserves to get off ANY charge whatsoever.

"To you, to me" - probably would have worked at Nuremberg that one....

XYY

I find them funny, but everybody thinks I'm being post-modern or something when I say that.

Same as when I say Chas and Dave are good.

Same as when I say Chas and Dave are good.

Chas and Dave ARE good - and that's coming from a Northerner...!!!

There was a show about them on BBC4 a few months ago and it was mint - they are respected and 'proper' musicians. And Chas has played with every bugger - even the Beatles...!

And then of course there's their fantastic ode to the downtrodden married man - Ain't No Pleasing You.

#...Now everything, I ever done...#

#...Was only done for you...#

#...But now you, can go and do...#

#...Just what you wanna do...#

#...I'm tellin' you...#

Always makes me smile a wry smile, and think of the time - many moons ago - when I finally told the first Mrs XYY pretty much the same thing...

:)

XYY

+1 for Chas and Dave.

Saw the BBC4 - which does excellent music retrospectives - most enlightening.

Good for DLT too. This does have the air of a circus distraction.

Not guilty on twelve counts of fourteen. Some confusion on two counts - 'hung jury', but no retrial ordered on those.

From what I could determine the charges as originally framed were barely serious enough to attract a custodial sentence even if DLT had been convicted yet he has ended up spending a lot of money paying for his defence which presumably he can not recover. He was greatly helped by the fact that a member of the public came forward with video evidence to show that one of the more recent allegations made against him during a visit to a hospital radio station was clearly untrue. Most of the other charges were so old they would have never come to court in a more sane jurisdiction with a proper statute of limitations,

I thoroughly approve of "Charles and David". They have avoided going "Progressive"!

Good news for DLT! And probably mostly a waste of police and court time. I am sure not everybody who has worked at the BBC is a pervert/rapist.

I thoroughly approve of "Charles and David". They have avoided going "Progressive"!

Good news for DLT! And probably mostly a waste of police and court time. I am sure not everybody who has worked at the BBC is a pervert/rapist.

Apparently David Attenborough and somebody on the East Anglian regional channel are the exceptions; they are shunned at BBC parties as a consequence.