House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomandlu

Middlesex Hospital Chapel

I used the work at this hospital - the interior of the chapel is stunning.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Qu49GUEXr6s/Chapel+Stands+Tall+Hospital+Demolished+Redevelopment/Up-ojrGxtud

The Chapel of The former Middlesex Hospital is all that remains standing after demolition work on November 21, 2008 in London. The huge development, known as Noho Square, has been put on hold after developers Candy & Candy pulled out. The land on the site near Mortimer Street is now in the hands of nationalised Icelandic Bank Kaupthing.

Google Images

The development is nearly finished there now. A big block of luxury multimillion pound flats plus some offices. The chapel must be somewhere in the middle of it, I would like to see how the chapel has been integrated into it all.

I worked there too in the early 90s.

Well actually the supplies office in Goodge St.

I used to "go and get the post" and nip in The Northumberland for a pint on the way back. :D

Also had an inner ear op in there. Which worked. Happily.

I worked in the same job for 5 years and had 6 different offices around Fitzrovia/ Bloomsbury, but I never knew that place existed.

I worked there too in the early 90s.

Well actually the supplies office in Goodge St.

I used to "go and get the post" and nip in The Northumberland for a pint on the way back. :D

Also had an inner ear op in there. Which worked. Happily.

I worked in the same job for 5 years and had 6 different offices around Fitzrovia/ Bloomsbury, but I never knew that place existed.

Ah, the Northumberland... you must have been there about the same time as me - I probably passed you a few times in those strange warrens beneath the buildings.

You missed a treat regarding the chapel, also some lovely murals in the main entrance hall (now moved to the Wellcome Library):

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2010/jul/25/frederick-cayley-robinson-national-gallery#/?picture=365136076&index=0

You also presumably missed the collection of objects removed from men's urethras, but that wasn't so pleasant...

Ah, the Northumberland... you must have been there about the same time as me - I probably passed you a few times in those strange warrens beneath the buildings.

You missed a treat regarding the chapel, also some lovely murals in the main entrance hall (now moved to the Wellcome Library):

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2010/jul/25/frederick-cayley-robinson-national-gallery#/?picture=365136076&index=0

You also presumably missed the collection of objects removed from men's urethras, but that wasn't so pleasant...

I did hear about the artefacts lurking beneath.

I did work in the UCH main building for about a year too, i think they also had some real horrors tucked away.

Spent a lot of time in the Riding House Street canteen too.

I also remeber the day i went up to the 3rd floor for some phsyio and, shall i say, "became embarrassed".

I think it was her crisp white uniform. It shouldnt be allowed.