House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Philpott

Enfield Chase Area

What are people's thoughts on the Enfield Chase area?

I realise it's not south-west London, which is where we all seem to aspire to live, but realistically, It seems cheaper than Winchmore Hill and Southgate, a bog-standard 2 bed terrace costs under 350K which I don't think you'd find anywhere else in North London, and a similar house in SW London would probably cost 600K.

Downsides are that it's a bit far out (Zone 5), although the transport links to central London seem to be OK (there are a couple of overground lines), and I'm not sure there's much in the way of culture.

Seems quiet enough, is it cheap (relatively) for a reason? Or maybe its overlooked because people think Enfield they immediately think Edmonton. Any ideas?

I don't know Enfield chase but there are more central areas where you can just about get a 2 bed for about 350. I have been living in South Tottenham for the last 8 years and despite perceptions it is very quiet yet amazing transport links. Victoria line from Seven sisters will get you to Central London in 20 mins and similar to the city by train. Prices are rocketing at the moment though thanks to overspill from Stoke Newington and general gentrification. 350 would get you a scruffy 2 or small 3 bed (would have got you a smart one a year ago but now 450+)

I am moving to south woodford now to get a bigger house but otherwise I would stay

Prices are rocketing at the moment though thanks to overspill from Stoke Newington and general gentrification. 350 would get you a scruffy 2 or small 3 bed (would have got you a smart one a year ago but now 450+)

Hmm, the rocketing prices would be a problem for me, as you say, a smart 2 bed would cost 450 - and by the time I got my act together, probably 500.

Whereas prices in Enfield Chase seem pretty stable, judging by Land Registry records they don't seem to have gone up hugely - although I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Maybe because the train from there takes 30 minutes to central London and no tube.

Hmm, the rocketing prices would be a problem for me, as you say, a smart 2 bed would cost 450 - and by the time I got my act together, probably 500.

Whereas prices in Enfield Chase seem pretty stable, judging by Land Registry records they don't seem to have gone up hugely - although I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Maybe because the train from there takes 30 minutes to central London and no tube.

ex-girlfriend of mine lived around Ponders End/Southbury - are you prepared to look there? If so, yes lack of tube does hurt it - its quite a mission to get in to London. I agree its probably affordable, and quiet whether or not you will make good gains out there is a different matter. You will need a car really.

ex-girlfriend of mine lived around Ponders End/Southbury - are you prepared to look there?

Heh, heh, I'm near that area already, Bush Hill Park (but wrong side of the tracks)!

We're looking at moving more towards Chase / Oakwood. tbh we rarely go out in the Town, usually into central London, but wondered what the Chase area is like to live in.

I used to live on windmill hill and then on lincoln road (the good side of the tracks). Essex road next to the park and close to the high street would be a fantastic place to live especially if you have family. Ok, so a house would cost you 650 but compared to other places in zone 5 that's a bargain. It is going up but is more affordable than most areas with the benefit of 2 train stations, both 30 minutes to moorgate or liverpool st. I would look around chase side or the top of london road near the park.