House Price Crash Forum

As Flood-Hit Britons Endure Unimaginable Hardship, The Mail Launches A Petition Calling For Cash To Be Taken From The £11Billion Foreign Aid Budget To

HOLA441
HOLA442

How much foreign aid spending is really directed by MI6 (or stuffed into brown envelopes and passed under tables)?

Seems very odd that the Tories won't touch it, since the political backlash would be relatively small.

Foreign aid given to foreign countries to pay British contractors over inflated prices (brown envelopes included) one big circle jerk

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Are the floods now showing the folly of home oenwership ?

It's great why the sun shines but when something major changes to your environment, be it weather, neighbours, train line building, jobs, taxation etc you're stuck.

http://www.dailymail...ice-melted.html

"Terrifying map reveals the devastation that would occur if ALL the world's ice melted"

article-2488452-193799BC00000578-906_472x423.jpg

It seems to me the S.E. of England should have the cheapest housing in the country not the most expensive laugh.gif

I for one would love to be handing in my notice to my landlord today and say, **** that I'm moving up the hill.

tongue.gif

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

How much foreign aid spending is really directed by MI6 (or stuffed into brown envelopes and passed under tables)?

Seems very odd that the Tories won't touch it, since the political backlash would be relatively small.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was being used to bribe officials around the globe when it comes to arms dealing. That SFO investigation into the Saudis and BAE got shut down by tony Blair as almost every other country was doing the same thing and we were shooting ourselves in the foot with this arms deal investigation. :)

Plus soft power exercised by Foreign office and mi6. Job creation scheme for public schoolboys.

The money should go towards building irrigation, flood defences and more houses. But not as an insurance fund for twats who overpaid for a house on a floodplain and moaned to local councils that they didn't want flood defences built as it would spoil the view.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

What a ridiculous idea. The foreign aid budget is essential to help sell fighter aircraft, body armour, armoured vehicles and such like to the world's despots.

They're already raiding EU structural development money destined for the north and despite a court ruling against are showering it on Tory seats. That's where all the water seems to be, so it's win-win..

HOLA4414

These are only "bribes" for private companies, and may amount to prison for directors. For Government, this is "aid" and could lead to a Knighthood. :blink:

HOLA4415

It's not very nice being flooded out, even if you have a big yacht parked in the garden!

We assume they are insured, go into rented for a bit, and get a new kitchen for nothing, off the insurance. It's hardly "unimaginable hardship". I believe Surrey is more pleasant than Afghanistan or Somalia.

Also remember, any natural "disaster" is not newsworthy until it hits the Home Counties. :(