House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

British Gas 'landlord' Advert

Just laughed out loud at hearing the new British Gas advert appealing to landlords (on Film4 I think.

"If you are a landlord, constantly on the go....":lol:

Guess its a sign of the times, that utilities just advertise to the rentiers, now that so many are denied homes of their own.

And as if many of the amateur bodge it brigade will bother with such details as boiler servicing, and safety inspections. Don't BG know its an 'investment?'

Edited by aSecureTenant

You should listen to Classic FM - it's wall-to-wall adverts for cars, vans and landlord insurance/maintenance contracts.

I take your point about servicing boilers and so on, but wonder whether BG (and First Direct et al) aren't positioning themselves in case of regulation to register landlords and force them to maintain their properties.

You should see domestic electrical installations...and you can't smell electricity

You should see domestic electrical installations...and you can't smell electricity

I did post a while back about the Council gasman servicing my boiler, telling me about all about his BTL's.I think he was lining me up as a potential tenant. :lol:

Edited by aSecureTenant

I did post a while back about the Council gasman servicing my boiler, telling me about all about his BTL's.I think he was lining me up as a potential tenant. :lol:

A pub waiter once interrupted our conversation to tell us all about his Buy to Lets.

You can't smell carbon monoxide, and it is far more dangerous than natural gas or propane allbeit not so spectacular when it kills people.

You can't smell carbon monoxide, and it is far more dangerous than natural gas or propane allbeit not so spectacular when it kills people.

Very true

Just laughed out loud at hearing the new British Gas advert appealing to landlords (on Film4 I think.

"If you are a landlord, constantly on the go....":lol:

Guess its a sign of the times, that utilities just advertise to the rentiers, now that so many are denied homes of their own.

And as if many of the amateur bodge it brigade will bother with such details as boiler servicing, and safety inspections. Don't BG know its an 'investment?'

Another expense to come out of the £550 a month rent..... I'm amazed these landlords have any money left when they've covered mortgage costs, insurance, boiler cover, fixing faults etc.... I'm surprised more people aren't into BTL it's easy money.

Another expense to come out of the £550 a month rent..... I'm amazed these landlords have any money left when they've covered mortgage costs, insurance, boiler cover, fixing faults etc.... I'm surprised more people aren't into BTL it's easy money.

What made me laugh was the appeal to landlords as constantly 'on the go' people, they wouldn't have time to service their tenants boilers. All that carpet and so many stains to examine, buying shite furniture on Gumtree etc.

Edited by aSecureTenant

What made me laugh was the appeal to landlords as constantly 'on the go' people, they wouldn't have time to service their tenants boilers. All that carpet and so many stains to examine, buying shite furniture on Gumtree etc.

They will be on the go trying to avoid the phone call from the bank manager about switching their very profitable IO mortgage to a repayment one!

Yes, when I decide to go, carbon monoxide poisoning will be the way I'll do it, totally painless, just kills you in your sleep.

I'd rather that than be a drain on the NHS for my last ten years while I sink deeper and deeper into senile dementia. ;)

A pub waiter once interrupted our conversation to tell us all about his Buy to Lets.

Well it seems that the Gas Engineer, Waiter and Shoeshine Boy are still doing alright with their BTL portfolios given how prolonged low interest rates are saving their sorry asses. :rolleyes:

A lot of ads of this nature are aimed at Landlords nowadays. Sarah Beeny voiced one for Direct Line a couple of years back.

Marketers have cottoned on to the increasing private rental sector and what a greater target market there is. Notwithstanding Landlords' legal obligation to service theor propertys' boilers annually.

My landlord has a boiler service contract with British Gas. They cancelled their scheduled service and said the next available appointment was 3 months away. This meant there was no service in the 12 month period. For this level of service my landlord pays over £500 per year.

My landlord has a boiler service contract with British Gas. They cancelled their scheduled service and said the next available appointment was 3 months away. This meant there was no service in the 12 month period. For this level of service my landlord pays over £500 per year.

The rentiers get out rentiered