House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Is Nessie Dead? Legendary Loch Ness Monster Has 'disappeared' For The First Time In 90 Years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2553915/Is-Nessie-DEAD-Loch-Ness-Monster-disappeared-time-90-years.html

Is Nessie DEAD? Legendary Loch Ness Monster has 'disappeared' for the first time in 90 years

For the first time in 90 years no ‘confirmed sightings’ have been made

Recent images were of a wave, duck and one not even taken on Loch Ness

'It's very upsetting news and we don't know where she's gone,' said a local

Image taken in November appears to show Nessie has gone to Australia

Quick someone needs to take a inconclusive photo that could be anything and claim it's Nessie.

Save our imaginary monster NOW!

I reckon the beastie does not want independence! :huh:

I heard an extremely convincing explanation of all the Nessie sightings.

The long narrow sea loch that is Loch Ness has strong, slowish, underwater currents set up because of the tides.

These currents are not visible on the surface but a foot or so down there is a powerful surge running. This will drag along larger branches that go deep enough to be caught by it which show as objects moving up and down the lake (but not across it) despite the lake surface being still, so leaving wakes and ripples along it.

Convinced me.

The long narrow sea loch that is Loch Ness has strong, slowish, underwater currents set up because of the tides.

These currents are not visible on the surface but a foot or so down there is a powerful surge running. This will drag along larger branches that go deep enough to be caught by it which show as objects moving up and down the lake (but not across it) despite the lake surface being still, so leaving wakes and ripples along it.

Convinced me.

Load of shite.

This thing is out there and could destroy us all.

Let's kill it before it kills us.

You've obviously been watching the same rubbish as I have:

If someone wasn't paying enough attention they might think that just looks like another mindless Transformers knock off.

How wrong they would be.

Solutions to the plesiosaur menace are available...

Load of shite.

This thing is out there and could destroy us all.

Let's kill it before it kills us.

We need to pack up, take off, and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

If someone wasn't paying enough attention they might think that just looks like another mindless Transformers knock off.

How wrong they would be.

Solutions to the plesiosaur menace are available...

I see your eighties flashback and raise:

Convinced me.

But not me. It's a freshwater loch

But not me. It's a freshwater loch

That small inconsistency aside, you're presumably going to get different stratification effects over the course of the year as water of different temperatures runs into the loch. Then you'd have to factor in boat wakes, swamp gas from a weather balloon being trapped in a thermal pocket and reflecting the light from Venus, all sorts.

I see your eighties flashback and raise:

and...

fold

That small inconsistency aside, you're presumably going to get different stratification effects over the course of the year as water of different temperatures runs into the loch. Then you'd have to factor in boat wakes, swamp gas from a weather balloon being trapped in a thermal pocket and reflecting the light from Venus, all sorts.

All of the above, and many more. I lived next to the Loch for many years and saw only lots of gullible tourists bringing valuable money. Good old Nessie