House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nuggets Mahoney

Our Robocop Remake

Sick of rubbish remakes of beloved classic films which clog up Google search results when looking for clips and stills to include in Off-Topic posts?

(nsfw)

Full version here (not a recommendation as I haven't had a chance to watch it yet*)...

http://www.ourrobocopremake.com/

though I have to say the second Judge Dredd movie did right an historic wrong

edit: * watched a bit now and, yes, they did ruin it :(

Awesome, I will probably watch that later (yes, I am a bit sad.)

There was a similar rendering of Star Wars a while back.

I've had a quick skim and I fear the reality doesn't live up to the promise of the trailer.

However, I am at least equally sad, and will give it a proper crack later.

I've had a quick skim and I fear the reality doesn't live up to the promise of the trailer.

However, I am at least equally sad, and will give it a proper crack later.

I just took a flcik through it - there's a fantastic bit @ 40:20 - check it out!

Overall though I don't think I'd have the patience to watch it all.

I just took a flcik through it - there's a fantastic bit @ 40:20 - check it out!

:lol::o

Caught that a few weeks ago flicking through the channels - excellent film.

I concur, wholeheartedly. It almost makes up for the trauma and mental scarring inflicted by the Stallone version, almost.

As for the official Robocop remake, I've just seen

and his conclusion was 'It's not as bad as it could have been'.

It's still heresy afaic.

Here's the fan-made star wars - possibly funnier because it sticks closely to the original...

http://www.starwarsuncut.com/newhope

I think my favourite internet tribute content has to be Star Trek Phase 2 . It's an ongoing attempt to film new episodes of Kirk & co as if the show had been renewed for a fourth season. The first few attempts were dodgy indeed but they've reached the level where they can be watched and enjoyed as new Trek. The man whose project it is and who has portrayed Kirk to date has a bit of an Elvis hair thing going on (I believe he's a professional Elvis impersonator) and it actually suits Kirk really well. He was reportedly getting grief from burks on the internet and so has handed over to someone who at least looks more like Shatner. Next episode is due this month...

Here's the fan-made star wars - possibly funnier because it sticks closely to the original...

http://www.starwarsuncut.com/newhope

I think my favourite internet tribute content has to be Star Trek Phase 2 . It's an ongoing attempt to film new episodes of Kirk & co as if the show had been renewed for a fourth season. The first few attempts were dodgy indeed but they've reached the level where they can be watched and enjoyed as new Trek. The man whose project it is and who has portrayed Kirk to date has a bit of an Elvis hair thing going on (I believe he's a professional Elvis impersonator) and it actually suits Kirk really well. He was reportedly getting grief from burks on the internet and so has handed over to someone who at least looks more like Shatner. Next episode is due this month...

That's would be the trick I think. Don't try to improve on genius and get the laugh out of dozens of different contrasting depictions of the original script. It's what I hoped when I saw the trailer and my heart sank when I realised the contributors were trying to gild the lily.

Hadn't heard of Star Trek Phase 2. Thanks, it sounds promising,

:lol::o

I concur, wholeheartedly. It almost makes up for the trauma and mental scarring inflicted by the Stallone version, almost.

As for the official Robocop remake, I've just seen

and his conclusion was 'It's not as bad as it could have been'.

It's still heresy afaic.

If it does well at the US box office, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they turn it into a franchise..

Overall though I don't think I'd have the patience to watch it all.

I took your advice and watched that part....

Now I want to ban the internet.