House Price Crash Forum

Drunk In Charge Of A Pair Of Feet?

SarahBell

HOLA441

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc7_1391532479

Mods - can you leave on main section for a couple of hours?

For anyone interested in ever protesting you should look at this video. And then make sure you carry a camera with you to record what goes on.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-anti-fracking-protester-sue-greater-6676499

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I understand the first office has lied to his colleagues but why didn't the fella just take the breath test with the 3 offices at the end, who were following the law (however stupid that may be) and just acting on information given to them by their twisted colleague. Once clear the offices would have no reason to keep him, unless he had had a drink and the office found that he did have car keys on his person!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I understand the first office has lied to his colleagues but why didn't the fella just take the breath test with the 3 offices at the end, who were following the law (however stupid that may be) and just acting on information given to them by their twisted colleague. Once clear the offices would have no reason to keep him, unless he had had a drink and the office found that he did have car keys on his person!

I guess after Cop 1 blatantly tried to fit him up he wasn't feeling particularly cooperative. Fair enough!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

If he had provided a breath test and it had proved positive, what crime does that prove, nothing. If he had car keys again, it doesn't prove anything.

He could have driven to the demonstration and then had a drink.

The police wonder why people no longer trust them. Hope he takes this all the way. I would sack every police officer involved.

HOLA4415
I can see that poor copper being forced to leave his job as a result of the video going viral. Swiftly followed of course by a claim against the force for a million quid due to lost earnings / pension rights etc.

Court will probably make him struggle by on £600k though

That 'poor copper' was fabricating evidence while being filmed doing so- even on grounds of sheer stupidity he should be removed from his job.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

My general rule for dealing with the police is always be the calmest person in the room. They like that - stops them getting over-excited.

You also have to be very clear about what you are saying as they use their own version of the english language. They will twist it to suit their purpose, as the video shows very clearly. The gentleman asking a question, not getting an answer and then re-asking then becomes him being vociferous.

An example of this was when he was being asked does he consent to a breath test because he is suspected of driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. It might seem logical to some to say yes, as he hasn't been drinking and providing a test would clear anything up. The consent can be taken as an admission that he had been drinking and driving and the test is to check whether he is under the limit or not. If he had then provided a positive test he is then guilty as he had already admitted to drinking and driving and the test was only to confirm whether he had too much.

In this case he was fitted up, but I expect the officer to only get a slap on the wrist.

This is a tip of the iceberg example along with other examples being those of Ian Tomlinson, Plebgate, kettling, etc. Due to this I would be in wholehearted support of police officers wearing cameras and microphones to record what is happening. If for some reason a recording is lost or destroyed by "accident", I would throw the case out of court and discipline those involved.

At the start of the video you see a protestor being arrested in a violent way despite him not resisting, you also see that the police have escalated the protest as they are riot gear pushing and shoving protestors. This has been seen previously at other demonstrations where illegal tactics are used, kettling being the main one, but also the use of provacateurs embedded with the protestors.

HOLA4420

If he had provided a breath test and it had proved positive, what crime does that prove, nothing. If he had car keys again, it doesn't prove anything.

He could have driven to the demonstration and then had a drink.

The police wonder why people no longer trust them. Hope he takes this all the way. I would sack every police officer involved.

If you have your car keys on you and you have a drink, you can be done for being drunk and in charge of a vehicle. You shouldn't have car keys on you if you are drinking. Its a crap law but that's how the law stands.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

You also have to be very clear about what you are saying as they use their own version of the english language. They will twist it to suit their purpose, as the video shows very clearly. The gentleman asking a question, not getting an answer and then re-asking then becomes him being vociferous.

An example of this was when he was being asked does he consent to a breath test because he is suspected of driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. It might seem logical to some to say yes, as he hasn't been drinking and providing a test would clear anything up. The consent can be taken as an admission that he had been drinking and driving and the test is to check whether he is under the limit or not. If he had then provided a positive test he is then guilty as he had already admitted to drinking and driving and the test was only to confirm whether he had too much.

In this case he was fitted up, but I expect the officer to only get a slap on the wrist.

This is a tip of the iceberg example along with other examples being those of Ian Tomlinson, Plebgate, kettling, etc. Due to this I would be in wholehearted support of police officers wearing cameras and microphones to record what is happening. If for some reason a recording is lost or destroyed by "accident", I would throw the case out of court and discipline those involved.

At the start of the video you see a protestor being arrested in a violent way despite him not resisting, you also see that the police have escalated the protest as they are riot gear pushing and shoving protestors. This has been seen previously at other demonstrations where illegal tactics are used, kettling being the main one, but also the use of provacateurs embedded with the protestors.

Very well put. It really was a lose/lose situation.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

If you have your car keys on you and you have a drink, you can be done for being drunk and in charge of a vehicle. You shouldn't have car keys on you if you are drinking. Its a crap law but that's how the law stands.

I don`t have a car or a driving license. If I borrow my wife's car keys to get something from the boot of her car am I "in charge of a vehicle"?

HOLA4425

My general rule for dealing with the police is always be the calmest person in the room. They like that - stops them getting over-excited.

Yes..it doesn`t challenge their authority. Many are followers of authority by nature, and hence if you talk to them in a manner that doesn`t challenge them but leads them gently..everything can work out. It`s the heavy handed shouty type that irks them.

Archived