House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AvidFan

Belfast's Odyssey: 'disaster Zone' Outside Dj Hardwell Gig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26079358

More than 100 young people have been treated by paramedics for the effects of alcohol and, in some cases drugs, at a concert in Belfast.

They were attending a DJ Hardwell gig at the Odyssey Arena.

A charity worker who helped to treat people at the scene told the BBC it was "like a disaster zone".

A total of 108 people, including some very young teenagers, needed medical help. Sixty-eight were treated inside the venue and 40 were treated outside.

'Buckets of vomit'

Seventeen people were taken to hospital. Three of them have since been discharged and the remaining 14 are in a stable condition.

Charity worker Joe Hyland, who runs the SOS Bus NI voluntary service, said: "I was dealing with kids with buckets of vomit and they were crying - it was a mess."

The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service (NIAS) declared the scene outside the concert as a "major incident" on Thursday evening. at about 20:00 GMT on Thursday.

"And in some cases drugs"

:lol:

Clearly a dodgy batch of pills. I imagine most denied they were on anything of course . .

It sounds more like "mass hysteria" to me!

Probably something to do with this new kids drinking game.

http://www.edinburgh...craze-1-3297437

Best comment...:P

"...not to be confused with the Edinburgh Council's challenge of a similar name;

Brass Neck Nomination - waste as much tax payers money as you can without showing any remorse.

Current Standings:

3rd. Karen Koren: £200,000 ice-rink debt

2nd. Lord Provosts Office: £230,000 overspend

but way out in front, with what must be an unassailable lead it's...

1st. Lesley Hinds, £1,000,000,000 tram project with no paying passengers carried to date."

I was saved from choking on my vomit after a 16th birthday party (in a hotel function room I should add) in the early 80`s, by my mum, the event wasn`t filmed and posted anywhere, but my shiny new guitar that I got for Christmas was dripping with bits of dried up buffet when I woke up, the vomit was definitely flying that night. Come on kids, do something DIFFERENT, we were doing this nonsense decades ago! On a serious note, my mum, who was a nurse, said it was definitely game over if someone hadn`t heard me gurgling and woken me up.

"Horrified mum shames son by posting shocking Facebook picture of him unconscious and covered in vomit"

My link

:D

keiren-hunter-3120139.jpg

FFS, what mum would do that? Throw up on her son and post it on the inter web. You can never take it back you know.

"Don't worry, folks, police are aware of the current nek-nomination trends." :lol::lol:

And there was, me thinking Embra was deed posh! ;)