House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

The Ukraine Chernobyl Thread

10 May 2014 – INSPIRING VIDEO – Governor of Kherson region Yuri Odarchenko was booed by thousands including WWII veterans when he told the previously cheering crowd that the Soviet Union tried to enslave Ukraine, while Hitler on the other hand tried to bring freedom to their land. As thousands yelled out “shame”, a young woman with a child approached the governor, stripped him of the microphone, before throwing it away.

Seriously "1929crash". Your knowledge of basic history is close to zero ... I suggest you start reading some books and stop watching just RT ... :lol::lol::lol:

And BTW have you heard anything about the Molotov (Soviet) –Ribbentrop (Nazi) Pact 1939. Or is it again a forbidden topic on RT ???

I am attaching some basic facts from DailyMail so I hope you can briefly check it. Do not be shy there are plenty of pictures too ...

1 MAO ZEDONG

China (1949-76) Regime Communist Victims 60 million

China’s so-called ‘Great Helmsman’ was in fact the greatest mass murderer in history. Most of his victims were his fellow Chinese, murdered as ‘landlords’ after the communist takeover, starved in his misnamed ‘Great Leap Forward’ of 1958-61, or killed and tortured in labour camps in the Cultural Revolution of the Sixties. Mao’s rule, with its economic mismanagement and continual political upheavals, also spelled poverty for most of China’s untold millions. The country embraced capitalism long after his death.

2 JOSEPH STALIN

Soviet Union (1929-53) Regime Communist Victims 40 million

Lenin’s paranoid successor was the runner-up to Mao in the mass-murder stakes. Stalin imposed a deliberate famine on Ukraine, killed millions of the wealthier peasants – or ‘kulaks’ – as he forced them off their land, and purged his own party, shooting thousands and sending millions more to work as slaves and perish in the Gulag.

3 ADOLF HITLER

Germany (1933-45) Regime Nazi dictatorship Victims 30 million

The horror of Adolf Hitler’s dictatorship lies in the uniqueness of his most notorious crime, the Holocaust, which stands alone in the annals of inhuman cruelty. It was carried out under the cover of World War II, a conflict Hitler pursued with the goal of obtaining ‘Lebensraum’. The war ended up costing millions of lives, leaving Europe devastated and his Third Reich in ruins.

Edited by Damik

I am attaching some basic facts from DailyMail so I hope you can briefly check it. Do not be shy there are plenty of pictures too ...

Tip: When trying to establish facts, don't cite the Daily Mail.The Daily Mail has no credibilty in these forums.

Tip: When trying to establish facts, don't cite the Daily Mail.The Daily Mail has no credibilty in these forums.

I am concerned that "1929crash" would be struggling with anything more demanding such as A levels history. The DailyMail article got plenty of pictures, so it should not be very "heavy" reading ... :blink::blink::blink:

Here are some basics about the Soviet power: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

Edited by Damik

Telegraph is reporting 89% vote in favour of autonomy in Donetsk.

No report of overall voter turnout (but I suspect no one knows).

The people have spoken in the east and as with Crimea before them they have overwhelmingly voted to side with Russia.

We now see why the likes of Damik are so desperate to portray everything Russia does in the east as being without the support of the general population. It's because the facts on the ground contradict that claim completely, and in fact justify Russian interests in the region.

I can't help but feel the whole manufactured situation in Ukraine is pantomime, if Russia wanted to invade and re-establish USSR ver2, they would have done so by now despite provocation by McCain and Nuland via Yats and the Right Sector in Kiev. I think the game is a bit more complicated and may also be related to bankers throwing themselves off the top of High Buidings or shooting themselves with nail guns...

Most likely the whole thing will drag on through the summer with tit-for-tat embargoes and sanctions, which I will only take seriously when Abramovich announces his is leaving to live in Thailand. Then the fun starts as winter approaches and the gas is turned off, how the little piggies will squeal. But if fact this was the plan all along because rolling black outs were unavoidable, then as the flowers come out in spring Election time.

In the mean time, with all this separatist talk in Scotland will the English Army, be sent to Scotland to shoot up the referendum polling stations? I read yesterday the London press trying to say Salmon was a friend of Putin, just as Farage was smeared a few weeks back...?

The people have spoken in the east and as with Crimea before them they have overwhelmingly voted to side with Russia.

We now see why the likes of Damik are so desperate to portray everything Russia does in the east as being without the support of the general population. It's because the facts on the ground contradict that claim completely, and in fact justify Russian interests in the region.

I am surprised that it is only 90%. Soviets got about 99.96% in Czech Republic elections in 1981. Well, the good old times seem to be gone ...

I saw one turnout figure at 75%, which if true would make it higher than the turnout in the Lithuanian presidential election.

After the little green men arrive in Lithuania the turnout will be 99% and there shell be 103% pro-Russian (Putin)

8ed5de42-6c65-4c2d-8cc9-01b6e026fd00-460

Looking at pictures like this one in the Guardian, they could have done with a few more polling stations!

is that outside an EA?

I am surprised that it is only 90%. Soviets got about 99.96% in Czech Republic elections in 1981. Well, the good old times seem to be gone ...

The Soviets died in 1991.

more ridiculously overblown anti-Russian propaganda from the BBC:

To be fair the referendum was pretty slap-dash and I'm sure it wasn't secure.

Whether they were completely corrupt or just very badly organised is anyone's guess.. but considering they reportedly had Kiev forces attacking and disrupting the ballots it is more amazing that they managed to hold them at all.

Two things are quite clear though:

1 ) A lot of people did turn up and the vast majority were observed by journalists to be voting YES (showing there is a lot of civilian support for the uprising - not just a few Russian Spetznaz causing trouble as others have implied).

2 ) There is no reliable way of checking the voter turnout and under the circumstances you probably have to assume that those who didn't vote would have voted NO.

The real voice of the people would have been much clearer if the West had helped them stage a proper referendum in the first place.