House Price Crash Forum

Bus Passenger Was Blinded With Pepper Spray And Battered By A Thug - Just For Asking His Children To Stop Throwing Sweets At Him

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552424/Moment-bus-passenger-blinded-pepper-spray-battered-thug-asking-children-stop-throwing-sweets-him.html

CCTV images show the 'barbaric' assault on the terrified victim

The 21-year-old had been travelling on a bus through Birmingham

Two children started throwing sweets at him, so he complained

Their father then took exception and stormed over to him

The victim was punched and kicked in the face as children watched

His attacker's female partner also shamelessly joined in the attack

His kids are going to turn out lovely. However we can all rest assured that they won't get the kids took off them by social services.

Picture of the suspect at the link if you live in Birmingham.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Once they all return from 7 years hard labour in a gulag they should be banned from using public transport.

Isn't Pepper Spray a Class 4 firearm in the UK like Tazers and hand grenades and Brorrock aircartridge airguns (sigh!). If he gets caught and covicted with it it's a automatic 5 years in the nick minimum. And the judge has no discretion to lower this for a shorter term, 5 year minimum is set in the law.

If so man is this guy the dumbest ever to use this on a bus with CCTV.

M

HOLA444

Prison?

why, he should be given £450,000 so that he can live the remainder of his and his family's life on pension...if its good for coppers who assault old men, its good enough for a westmidlands man and wife who assault bus passengers.

HOLA445

Isn't Pepper Spray a Class 4 firearm in the UK like Tazers and hand grenades and Brorrock aircartridge airguns (sigh!). If he gets caught and covicted with it it's a automatic 5 years in the nick minimum. And the judge has no discretion to lower this for a shorter term, 5 year minimum is set in the law.

M

Whilst it is readily apparent that this unpleasant neanderthal needs locking up pronto (and for a long time!), never mind the dilemma of what to do with the mother of his kids, I actually happen to think that those little pocket type CS or pepper spray devices should actually be legally permitted as they are in most places outside the UK - subject of course to some obvious restrictions and control on ownership.

I have never been convinced that a massive crime spree or breakdown of social order would follow such 'liberalisation' of the law in respect of devices designed, from the outset, as intended for personal protection.

I am also vaguely aware of the relatively modern so called mandatory minimum sentences you refer to and, whilst they may generate a 'Hooray' response from the 'hang em high' Daily Mail readership, am strongly opposed to such a concept being introduced into our judicial system. For all their flaws, and occasional controversial sentencing, judges need to be given flexibility to sentence as they see fit.

HOLA446

M

That is also a separate matter that has had me curious for quite a while. We were all promised that the expansion of CCTV in public space would eventually drive down crime overall. I don't believe the figures/data really back that up.

It is understandable that, in the early years of the implementation of new surveillance technology, it can take many years for everyone (even the dumbest) to know that anything they do will be seen and recorded - and so there would be a period during which criminals will continue to be caught/convicted after having committed crimes right up front of cameras.

I believe that, by now, everyone knows that everywhere they go in public (in the street, on the train, on the bus, in the shops, etc) is being recorded - and accordingly you would think that it would have a 'restraining' effect on thugs such as this, albeit at the last moment, from crossing the line that guarantees a subsequent conviction? (i.e. if not him then at least his wife, accompanying friends or even other nearby strangers would point and say "Hey don't forget you're on camera" etc, and so cause him to 'back off').

BUT...these endless media stories/reports (with stills showing unfolding events) show that peoples 'emotions' are not kept in check by the threat of big brother watching. People like this are still controlled by their animal emotions. Thus, these very worst types of crimes will never be prevented by CCTV (as we were promised). At best they will merely aid in the capture and conviction of the perpetrators.

I wonder, hypothetically, IF such a violent public attack took place EVEN AFTER the assailant was reminded last moment of such CCTV whether they would incur an even higher sentence precisely because they proceeded with the attack in defiance of the supposed 'restraining' presence of the camera.

HOLA447

BUT...these endless media stories/reports (with stills showing unfolding events) show that peoples 'emotions' are not kept in check by the threat of big brother watching. People like this are still controlled by their animal emotions. Thus, these very worst types of crimes will never be prevented by CCTV (as we were promised). At best they will merely aid in the capture and conviction of the perpetrators.

I wonder, hypothetically, IF such a violent public attack took place EVEN AFTER the assailant was reminded last moment of such CCTV whether they would incur an even higher sentence precisely because they proceeded with the attack in defiance of the supposed 'restraining' presence of the camera.

I suspect they'd ask for the CCTV to show their mates how big and hard they are and post it on facebook.

• 1 month later...
HOLA448

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2588316/Shocking-moment-thug-kicked-punched-squirted-LEMON-JUICE-eyes-bus-passenger-watched-girlfriend-two-children.html

Shocking moment thug kicked, punched and squirted LEMON JUICE in eyes of bus passenger watched by girlfriend and her two children

Jason Wilson, 35, and Laura Breckneall, 34, were on bus in Birmingham

Ms Breckneall's son, 10, who suffers from ADHD, and daughter, were there

Ashley Madden, 21, asked children to stop throwing sweets at him

Wilson sat next to Mr Madden, spat in his face, punched and kicked him

Ms Breckneall gave Wilson lemon juice to squirt in Mr Madden's eyes

Pair arrested and charged, but charges against Ms Breckneall dropped

Wilson sentenced to 18 months after admitting assault occasioning ABH

18 months jail.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

HOLA4411

Dread to think what goes on behind closed doors in that family. Anything annoys you, in any way, you retaliate with violence. Nice.

Why was she let off? There is no reasonable explanation for that. If jail is the answer then she should serve her time after he is released.

SS often have too much interference in family life but I hope they were brought in to investigate.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Archived