House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Is Anyone Buying Osbornes Prooaganda?

we are being told:<br><br>we have a recovery<br>house prices will boom for a decade<br>wages will rise<br>unemployment is down<br>the  deficit is redcing<br>inflation is falling<br><br>meanwhile:<br>intrest rates at 300 year low<div>nhs running out of dosh</div><div>government borrowing £120billion every year.<br>money printing to cover spendibg.<br>tax payers at breaking point<br>private sector wages going no where<br>local housing market grinding to a halt<br>u.s. tightening<br>china collapse  possible<br>BRICS bricking in<br>savers being hammered.<br><br><br>i just dont buy it. is anyone believing wgat tge governmentt are telling up!

</div>

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

It's got so ridiculous now, so far beyond what I imagined possible in 2008. A cruel situation forced on the citizens and future generations of this country. Treason.

'home owners' who see it as vindicating their wise investment strategy. They just see the 'connection' between the UK economy and property price inflation and according to MSM they are both soaring ever skyward. It's been all fixed and for the next 10 years prices will soar because Osborne has said they will not build enough houses.

so he ain't planning on stopping immigration then...another reason to vote into

Yes, I do believe it, and in 2017 people on this forum will still be asking the same question. Sorry to break the news but there is no major housing crash on the way. Is it propaganda if the predictions continue to be correct? (Not withstanding all the B.S. financial back-propping that is going on in the background)

Yes, I do believe it, and in 2017 people on this forum will still be asking the same question. Sorry to break the news but there is no major housing crash on the way. Is it propaganda if the predictions continue to be correct? (Not withstanding all the B.S. financial back-propping that is going on in the background)

Famous last words! Lets see shall we, I am sitting pretty comfortably and debt free, it is just popcorn viewing to me now, are those big Londoom I.O debtors so relaxed about things? IMO something will unwind big style before the election.

where have you been...the hpc has been going for 6 years...it would be over now if tptb had any balls to stand up against the banks...instead we have another decade of this lunacy...grinding prices ever downwards...making us all poorer but eventually te banks balance sheet will be solvent...then the boom will come. the government policy isn't to help you...its to help them.

if you can't see what's staring you in the face you must be an idiot...or an estate agent.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

what predictions are coming true...links please?

all i see is the media jumping on a bandwagon that's already derailing

where have you been...the hpc has been going for 6 years...it would be over now if tptb had any balls to stand up against the banks...instead we have another decade of this lunacy...grinding prices ever downwards...making us all poorer but eventually te banks balance sheet will be solvent...then the boom will come. the government policy isn't to help you...its to help them.

if you can't see what's staring you in the face you must be an idiot...or an estate agent.

I can`t see it playing out for another decade, I don`t think they will even make it to the election without some sort of major event, there is too much brewing globally for things to just tick along.

Chart of pompous prognosticators 1927-1933

seymour062001.gif

Edited by Dorkins

m.

Are the two mutually exclusive? :D

But to be honest things may tick a long for the next ten years. When I seen all the engineering closing down in the 80's I thought there would be trouble ahead. It took 30 years for things to get to where we are now. Things can carry on longer than you think.

Unemployment down welfare spending UP non jobs created to fiddle the numbers house prices up strip out the London S/E you would have a very different picture

Wage increases being touted all over the box tonight for the first time in five years I can't wait for my 0.2 % rise above inflation, at that rate I iwill be back to where i was five years ago in a couple of decades or so

If you didn't know better you would think there was an election due sometime in the near future

One of my main concerns is that they themselves believe it. Can't solve the issue until you accept/realise there's a problem etc.

They know exactly how bad things are they are all in with nothing but a pair of twos in their hand ......please keep buying those gilts

If Osborne can see the future of the housing market is so bright why did he introduce 'help to buy'? Whatever he says his actions speak of desperation rather than conviction.

You only attempt to rig the game when you are worried about the outcome.

If Osborne can see the future of the housing market is so bright why did he introduce 'help to buy'? Whatever he says his actions speak of desperation rather than conviction.

Bullseye! It's only because house prices are already stretching the limits of affordablity that there's a need to subsidise the cost of ownership.

I saw a rightmove advert last night...it was still saying they have over £1M properties for sale....that's the myth of no supply gone again.

I want to here from all those E.A. idiot trolls with the arguments as to exactly why we are having a recovery and how it will be sustained. Money printing and more borrowing are not sustainable so if that;s the argument please dont bother.

No, it's politicking

But I'd still rather them then labour

Apart from the colour of their logos, I'm not sure I can tell much difference.

Do I believe the govt. propaganda? I believe they'll do their damnedest to get us to believe it. They even be able to nudge some of the more visible metrics in the right direction - through extreme interventions. And that is really my problem; what else can they dream up? None of us believed back in 2005 at the incredible array of tricks that would be deployed (although long term observers of employment figures in the 80s might had an inkling).

The govt have decided that rising house prices is a narrative most of the voting population cares about and likes - so they'll do their best to give it them via bizarre schemes and fudging of statistics. The reality will, of course, be very much different. A massive bubble in parts of London can perhaps help mask steep declines elsewhere. It's fascinating that despite Northern Ireland being part of the UK that we never hear any media stories about the housing market there.

They obviously want to convince us a recovery is happening in the run up to 2015. Whether it actually is is a completely different matter - I am deeply sceptical.

Guest unfunded_liability

we are being told:<br><br>we have a recovery<br>house prices will boom for a decade<br>wages will rise<br>unemployment is down<br>the  deficit is redcing<br>inflation is falling<br><br>meanwhile:<br>intrest rates at 300 year low<div>nhs running out of dosh</div><div>government borrowing £120billion every year.<br>money printing to cover spendibg.<br>tax payers at breaking point<br>private sector wages going no where<br>local housing market grinding to a halt<br>u.s. tightening<br>china collapse  possible<br>BRICS bricking in<br>savers being hammered.<br><br><br>i just dont buy it. is anyone believing wgat tge governmentt are telling up!

</div>

- so now Osbourne's spouting HTML. And not even well formed HTML at that.

Indeed, and why are interest rates so low for so long.

The whole think is on life support and no ones paying the leccy.