House Price Crash Forum

Smash Up A Oap's Car Get £430K In Compensation For Your Troubles

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552186/Policeman-given-430-000-payout-humiliation-suffered-video-using-truncheon-smash-pensioners-window-went-viral-online.html

Policeman who became worldwide laughing stock after his truncheon attack on pensioner's car went viral wins £430,000 payout because he couldn't stand daily ridicule from colleagues

Pc Mike Baillon and a colleague were filmed using truncheons on windows of Range Rover in 2009 and clip was watched 30 million times online

They chased car and stopped it after stroke victim driver, 74, made off from earlier stop

Mr Baillon says constant ridicule from colleagues forced him to leave

Now he wins six-figure compensation from former force for 'pension loss'

Driver won payout too, leaving taxpayer with bill above £500,000 for two minute video

Victim blasted payout, saying the former officer's behaviour 'terrible'

The former traffic constable told the tribunal: 'The ridicule from colleagues was getting to me - it was every single day.

'They thought I had done wrong and I was lucky to have got away with it. I just wanted my closure.'

No moral hazard for the elites.

Let's be honest you did do wrong and if you where anything other than a copper you'd have got feck all.

It's like living in the daily mash.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I know its the wail and they make money out of winding people up , but golly gosh this is a blood boiler - its hard to know where to start.

So he quit his job and still manages to get £400K of taxpayers money - how on earth did we end up here?

HOLA444

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552186/Policeman-given-430-000-payout-humiliation-suffered-video-using-truncheon-smash-pensioners-window-went-viral-online.html

No moral hazard for the elites.

Let's be honest you did do wrong and if you where anything other than a copper you'd have got feck all.

It's like living in the daily mash.

iI also means that, if the loss of pension rights was worth £430K, his pension rights were too ****ing high in the first place.

I'd be lucky to save a fraction of that in a private fund after decades of honest and productive, skilled work. And I will retire nearly 20 years later than a policeman.

HOLA445

iI also means that, if the loss of pension rights was worth £430K, his pension rights were too ****ing high in the first place.

I'd be lucky to save a fraction of that in a private fund after decades of honest and productive, skilled work. And I will retire nearly 20 years later than a policeman.

The public sector do seem to be rather privy to large payouts for constructive dismissal (and similar)

Sharon Shoe Smith's million £ payoff for apparent professional incompetence springs to mind

HOLA446
HOLA447

I can only assume those state workers presiding over the compensation payouts must pretty much know they're incompetent so, I'd guess, the decisions and figures they arrive at are informed by their own fear of being the other side of the table themselves.

HOLA448

Sharon shoesmith

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/baby-p/10410698/Baby-P-boss-Sharon-Shoesmiths-payout-shocking.html

The judge recommended £30k

The council gave her a £600k settlement

Work that one out

I guess poor local councils aren't far enough up the pecking order to be organising 'suicides' so a substantial 'whistleblower prevention premium' must be in order.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I can only assume those state workers presiding over the compensation payouts must pretty much know they're incompetent so, I'd guess, the decisions and figures they arrive at are informed by their own fear of being the other side of the table themselves.

Plus a lack of concern for the solvency of the paying organisation

Would it feel different if one of these payouts directly led to 20 redundancies?

HOLA4411

Don't quite get what happened there.

The speed at which he rushed out the car ...

I only wish they'd move that fast when someones stuff was being burgled.

For goodness sake man

The motorist was DRIVING WITHOUT A SEATBELT

we need protection from this menace

HOLA4412

Don't quite get what happened there.

The speed at which he rushed out the car ...

I only wish they'd move that fast when someones stuff was being burgled.

I was alarmed by the casual disregard shown for the 'Working At Heights' regulations when he got on the bonnet.

HOLA4413

I guess poor local councils aren't far enough up the pecking order to be organising 'suicides' so a substantial 'whistleblower prevention premium' must be in order.

Yes, it's all about the gagging

They give her an undisclosed shed load of taxpayers money, she avoids disclosing any dirt on her former employers

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

What loss of pension?

he would be entitled to a pension based on the number of years he had worked...so he was about 5 years from retirement anyway...thats over a 100K per year....maybe he isnt actually getting the money, but it is going into the pension fund...natural justice would suggest so,

Of course, he now doesnt even need the Police pension, so shouldnt receive another penny from the Force.

Archived