House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Ayatollah Buggeri

Daily Wail "we Can't Sell Our House" Story

Wail whine.

Wanted: one buyer who is willing to spend £200k on a building with a huge, open plan interior that will cost around that per year to heat. Must have fluent Welsh, and preferably not have any children (unless you have no problem with them being raped and murdered by the local yokels).

Edited by The Ayatollah Buggeri

Can I get the reward for telling it's not worth £199k and they might get a buyer if the lower the price?

That is the wrong answer! No point in giving it away.

Edited by aSecureTenant

Wail whine.

Wanted: one buyer who is willing to spend £200k on a building with a huge, open plan interior that will cost around that per year to heat. Must have fluent Welsh, and preferably not have any children (unless you have no problem with them being raped and murdered by the local yokels).

bliney...the ten year boom didnt last long.

the 199k price tag is not the problem...what is needed is more affordable finance. say the goverment taxes me into the ground and gifts them 100k of my money and a buyer can just pay the rest at 0.5% interest over the next 50 years, suddenly any subprime buyer can afford to get on that ladder to unbelievable unearned untaxed richer.

welcone to the great uk housing pyramid.

do you see it...do you see how f###ing mad the current situation is!

do yiu see it....

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Wail whine.

To be fair, that particular yokel was originally from Surrey and only drifted into Mid-Wales about 20 years ago.

Had loadsa fun doing it up. Showed it of to all their friends and are now bored with it, or should I say stuck with it.

These stories always show an aspirational iMac or similar in the photo's. These wannabe web designers and Web 2.0 socialmedia moguls that can work anyway, but sadly out in the sticks, the 256 kbit/s internet doesn't quite cut it,

that house is horrible the "design" they added is a mess, it would be freezing and why with that amount of space available is the kitchen the size of one in a caravan!

Indeed freezing. Huge open plan houses might look spiffing in an L.A. film star's house but bloody cold in a British house.

If I did not have the door to the hall closed it would get cold quickly. Despite this I see open plan houses where the living room wall has been knocked exposing the hallway and the stairs.

An open plan church with a high roof must cost a fortune to heat

Wail whine.

Most paedophiles who wash up in Welsh towns or villages are from England. The others who end up there are either dossers, good lifers, white flighters or dumped through them being newly released prisoners etc. The one thing they all usually have in common is that they're mostly English. Where does it mention that spoken Welsh is a requirement?

"Open plan: Lizzi and Eden, who make jewellery and drums from recycled materials and also organise non-religious weddings and funeral services"

makes me want to

Its got 2 empty Calor Gas bottles outside.I bet its so cold they have to have a calor fire on right next to them to keep warm as the cost to heat that through the mains would be incredible.

that house is horrible the "design" they added is a mess, it would be freezing and why with that amount of space available is the kitchen the size of one in a caravan!

Fairly typical of churches that have become houses and actually the preferred design. The alternative to the open plan theme is to completely wreck the architecture and put in a first floor, looks just as crap with windows cut in two by the floor.

These building were not intended to be houses. You get to live in a gothic building that would cost many times the asking price to build, but yes a bit impractical to live in.

This is the alternative slice the windows in two route. It's an expensive conversion to make, the asking price is half a million, and if you are going to go that far you may as well live in a new build because the character has completely been wrecked.

http://www.jamesonmackay.co.uk/propertydetails.asp?propertyID=679

Edited by crashmonitor

Fairly typical of churches that have become houses and actually the preferred design. The alternative to the open plan theme is to completely wreck the architecture and put in a first floor, looks just as crap with windows cut in two by the floor.

These building were not intended to be houses. You get to live in a gothic building that would cost many times the asking price to build, but yes a bit impractical to live in.

I think my approach would be to install a couple of well insulated cosy 'shipping container's' style living pods inside! :lol:

Place looks dire. Apart from the cluttered church jumble sale look. tongue and groove around the lower walls which I bet is hiding damp/dry rot galore. A ceiling fan, run presumably in reverse, in a vain attempt to push heat back down. Bet the roof isn't insulated too.

Despite a £200k price tag, the kitchen and bathroom quality is worse than my Council flat. If I moved there I'd consider it as a trade DOWN!

You would spend your life hooking up calor gas bottles.

Edited by aSecureTenant