House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

House Price Boom To Last A Decade

http://www.dailymail...pply-years.html

Is it really Gids...You try your best to overinflate by any means possible...no mention of IR rate rates though..

Pre-spring financial terror inducing article.

They shouldn't be allowed to print stuff like that.

10 year boom, 10 weeks more like.

I can't decide if this is 2004 or 2007. Meh

2004/2005 was the natural peak for prices in most of the country.

2007 was the peak for the final few idiots.

2014...the end of the housing market as we know it.

These two quotes from the chancellor, the one who, before the election, criticised Labour's housing bubble. Encapsulate the reason that many who voted Conservative at the last election will be voting UKIP at the next!

He pointed out that house prices had fallen ‘quite considerably’ during the recession, and were still significantly below their peak.
But Mr Osborne said: 'We are recovering from a property crash,

"Recovering from a crash", is this for real?

Shapps said in 2010 that high prices should remain stable nominally while wages caught up, has the crash Osborne refers to ocurred since then?

Revisionism par excellance from Osborne.

Doubtless he'll be talking next week about how much he cares about families despite doing his level best to put pressure on them via his housing policies.

His actual words were different to that:-

He went on: ‘I imagine if we were to assemble again in 10 years' time we would still be talking about the challenge of making sure that our housing supply keeps up with demand.’

In other words - it's policy to ensure supply never keeps up with demand.

He was also asked which economists he followed:-

1. Rogoff- Rheinhart

2. Nigel Lawson (his mentor/advisor)

:ph34r:

These two quotes from the chancellor, the one who, before the election, criticised Labour's housing bubble. Encapsulate the reason that many who voted Conservative at the last election will be voting UKIP at the next!

I didn't think it was possible to loathe the Tories in 2014 as much as I loathed Labour in 2010 as much as I loathed the Tories in 1997.

If there are any three ton apples out there - can we please place Georgie under the tree ?

He's starting to make even Gordon Brown appear sane, and financially responsible.

i was just thinking that...has he lost the plot?

does he think shafting millions is a vote winner

does ge think everybody hut his toff mates are stupid and cant see whats going on?

1. Rogoff- Rheinhart

I think he's mostly talking about the housing shortage; at the moment, the population is growing by 250k-300k households/year, but we've only been building 100-150k houses/year over the last decade or so, which means there's a lot of pent up demand and a big backlog that won't be eliminated for a long time even if we were to start building the 400k+ houses/year that we'd need to address it meaningfully.

Before ww2 and even more so before ww1, property was all in the hands of a small elite, and the vast majority of the population had no hope of ever owning their home, they worked as slaves to fill the coffers of the rentiers and died penniless. 1950 to 2005 is the exception, not the norm. Osborne and milliband and clegg are the puppets of people who come from families who dominated back then, the aim is to return to the norm. Not lizards, just nasty humans.

If they succeed, there will be no revolution or war to create an escape this time, they will control the machines.

Why HPC is a place of illuminating sanity in the madness.

I didn't think it was possible to loathe the Tories in 2014 as much as I loathed Labour in 2010 as much as I loathed the Tories in 1997.

+100

He's starting to make even Gordon Brown appear sane, and financially responsible.

Difficult, I know. The difference between Evil and Pure Evil.

One discovered gravity.

The other is defying it...for now.

:lol:

1. Rogoff- Rheinhart

Two academic cheats and a journalist. Says everything really.

Great news, property to get more expensive and we all get richer!

Fantastic news

if you own a home :( Ahh well bring on 5% interest rates and the death of HTB :lol:

Edited by longgone

Great news, property to get more expensive and we all get richer!

http://www.sovereign...k-bubble-13268/

20131210-image.jpg

Hmmm I wonder where we are on this graph!

Interestingly that's more or less what happened to US housing. The bubble ran 2004-2006 and burst back to trend within 3 years (as we know it wasn't really a 'housing' bubble so much as the credit derivatives/securiitsation bubble underpinning it)

UK decided not to allow that to happen due to the over-leveraged banking system.

Edited by R K

Britain’s chronic shortage of housing which is driving up prices will last for another decade, George Osborne warned today/

So he'll be filling his boots with property? along with all the others including Cameron? - like Blair etc did when the bubble first gained real momentum during the early noughties?