House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

Britains Amazingly Cheap Homes

http://money.uk.msn....-homes#image=31

92674946C2FA0B8638CCB48A5E554_h498_w598_m2.jpg

Oldham, Greater Manchester. For £30,000 you can be neighours with Sarah Bell and discuss bedroom tax matters!

Bit of a gallery thing so not much to quote.

Quite frankly, I don't see what you lot are moaning about! :lol:

Edited by aSecureTenant

'Greater London' £77k Good price for a one bedroomed flat, I think. 40 minutes into the heart of London (I assume via train not helicopter). What's the catch??? :unsure:

Well, for one thing I can't actually find it for sale on Zoopla or Rightmove searching for 70-80k one beds within London +40 miles surrounding area, so either some of those details are incorrect or it's been snapped up (perhaps because it's a listing from 2008 or earlier). Suspicious that there's not a direct link to the listing really.

Flats do get advertised for these prices in some areas of London if the advertised price is the initial outlay to buy into a shared ownership scheme, the property has an extremely short lease with no or limited prospect of renewal, or it's actually an auction guide price designed to draw people in and fuel a bidding war rather than reflect the price the auction house believes it will achieve. Of course (assuming it's a real listing) it could also be in need of massive repairs (although this doesn't seem to make that much difference to price at the moment) or they might be stretching the definition of Greater London and that 40 mins actually gets you to the outskirts of London proper.

Edit: If it is a real listing I doubt it would look like such a deal if we could actually see the details, which is probably why they're not provided...

Edited by Lo-fi