House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

Sunday Dinner

I took an unidentified piece of meat out of the freezer yesterday to put into the slow cooker for dinner today.

I opened up the bag this morning to find the head of a lamb staring at me.

Oops.

Just wear a big white shirt, down to your ankles, and get your wives to serve the lamb head on rice in a tent! :huh:

A head of pig makes for a good brawn. ;)

Have you ever done that? I bet my gran could, but she is dead now! You never wasted anything back then. :(

Born in Africa, sheeps' brain was my baby food.

Which part or Efrika, Herr Mail? I do hope they plopped a pith helmet on yer head the moment you were out! With a Union Jack on it! :blink:

Have you ever done that? I bet my gran could, but she is dead now! You never wasted anything back then. :(

Yes, but used only half a head....wasn't half tasty. ;)

Yes, but used only half a head....wasn't half tasty. ;)

But you can get liver, and other offal here, and I know I can make a liver risotto, but in USA no way, it is seen as dog food. So I just eat steaks now... :blink:

But you can get liver, and other offal here, and I know I can make a liver risotto, but in USA no way, it is seen as dog food. So I just eat steaks now... :blink:

I like good olde black pudding......but you can't get hold of the fresh blood to make it. ;)

Just wear a big white shirt, down to your ankles, and get your wives to serve the lamb head on rice in a tent! :huh:

That's a canny Heston-Demis-Worral-Rousoss-Oliver-Stavros-Ramsey-Vangelis vibe you've got going there Pinster...!

You Southern chaps definitely get access to better drugs than those of us 'oop North'...

;)

XYY

I took an unidentified piece of meat out of the freezer yesterday to put into the slow cooker for dinner today.

I opened up the bag this morning to find the head of a lamb staring at me.

Oops.

Appetizing meal;

unidentified sheep head,

meet in the freezer.

My guess...the wife. He unwittingly defrosts this abomination. :D

Worse, relatives. My wife wouldn't knowingly bring one but when everything gets wrapped in recycled shopping bags, you've no idea what things are. No idea how long it had been in the freezer either. The freezer was full, hence pulling random things out to use up.

I'm not saying the meat in greece is bad but...

My wife would cook nothing but chicken/turkey and certain (usually m&s) beef mince for about 8 years.

Luckily for me, pregnancy brought out a craving for steak and other things and she suddenly realised that decent British meat was actually very nice and we've eaten normally ever since.

Lamb's head is still on the banned list. Btw when I 'disposed' of it, it had little proto horns above the eyes. I'm assuming this is a feature of male lambs otherwise you were right with goat.

How did you come to purchase this? Buying a half or whole lamb in my part of the world tends to only include the 'prime' cuts.

Exactly, when I was growing up in Wales, you were more likely to get head off a lamb than you were to eat its head.

Made some when there were pigs here. It tasted like cat food, but might have done it wrong.

The cat loved it...licked the plate clean, the gluttonous jelly was the best bit. ;);)

According to my OH sheeps tongue is quite a delicacy.

I guess people made use of all parts of the animal. Nowadays we don't so much. Tongue is to me, not very nice. :blink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nose-Tail-Eating-British-Cooking/dp/0747572577

Lots of goodness in the 'rubbish'. Muscle meat is pretty void of nutrients and certain amino acids compared to the rest of the animal.

Oxtail has rocketed in price, though :( (I make a ******ing GREAT oxtail soup)