House Price Crash Forum

The Trolls

HOLA441

anyone noticed the resurgence on the trolls?

i was acussed by one of them of being a vested interest !

of course i am...i want a cheaper cost of living and a sane price for housing...a price not underpinned by the government for their own sake and the benefit of the bankers...i must be a right b#####d!

anyway...i welcome the trolls...i look forward to their facts and figures and justifications for high house prices.

comedy gold from the idiots who have helped screw the British economy and future generations.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

That should advance the level of debate no end.

swissy_fit, the matter at hand turns on what a troll is and why they post. The set of all hpc posters who are trolls and the set of all hpc posters who are VIs 'talking up their own book' are not identical, (and one assumes that the intersection of the two sets is healthily non-empty). This thread is about trolls. Nobody should debate with a troll as by definition the troll is seeking solely to provoke you into wasting your time, hence almost by definition 'debating with a troll' is impossible, and 'exchanging posts with a troll' is a waste of time.

I realise that the internet is a somewhat cold medium and the matter of whether or not you are being sarcastic is open to question. I assume that you are and respond in light of that assumption.

Identifying and then Ignoring trolls does advance the level of debate, because if you feed trolls you encourage them and soon enough interesting threads are rapidly derailed by unwitting posters earnestly locking horns with posters they take for other earnest posters, but are in fact trolls.

IMO, this matters.

In my experience posters who put forward predictions about, for example, how changes to the provision of cheap credit (e.g. Funding for Lending) may move prices up are not met with accusations of being a VI sock-puppet. What usually provokes the response is a poster who subtly (or not so subtly) works the classic bull memes (e.g. missing the boat) and reacts vituperatively with personal insults when some points out flaws in the premises of their argument.

Further, in my experience, the extent to which hpc is all group think and no plurality is overdone. I've repeatedly been picked up by other posters for, paraphrasing Mark Twain, exaggerating the death of mortgage securitisation.

Most importantly, if we want new thoughtful and knowledgeable posters to join the forum, then we need to keep an eye on trolls, because who in their right mind would spend time reading and posting on a forum where every other posters was a troll.

IMO, in order to do that we need to be mindful regarding the existence and intentions of trolls.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

anyone noticed the resurgence on the trolls?

i was acussed by one of them of being a vested interest !

of course i am...i want a cheaper cost of living and a sane price for housing...a price not underpinned by the government for their own sake and the benefit of the bankers...i must be a right b#####d!

anyway...i welcome the trolls...i look forward to their facts and figures and justifications for high house prices.

comedy gold from the idiots who have helped screw the British economy and future generations.

:lol: Yep, when the "Oh no it isn`t crashing, property only blah blah blah" posts turn up in higher numbers you know the screw is tightening, keep it coming!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Look I was here 2 years before you lot.. So you all are clearly trolls ... Not me.

For people like me who have been here for 8 years the crash has clearly happened next one is probably 2019 or so.

http://www.home.co.u...on=london&all=1

Average-property-selling-prices.png

GREEN: Detached +134%

YELLOW: Semi +168%

RED: Terraced +163%

BLUE: Flat +113%

PURPLE: All +134%

Call that a crash?

:lol:

:blink:

dry.gif

Edited by Lo-fi