House Price Crash Forum

6 Year Old Boy Suspended From School For Eating Mini-Cheddars

1929crash

HOLA441

There may be more to it, but even if there is, this is just plain idiotic.

A six-year-old has been suspended from school for taking a packet of Mini Cheddars in his lunch box.

Riley Pearson’s parents must face his headteacher before the four-day ban for not having a “healthy and balanced” packed lunch ends on Monday.

Mum Nicola Mardle, 24, said: “I would understand the exclusion if he was throwing tables around or bullying other children, but it is just ridiculous for a packet of Mini Cheddars.”

She said Riley usually takes a sandwich, Choobs fromage frais, Dairylea Dunkers and the offending cheese flavoured crackers.

Head Jeremy Meek said if the food policy at the school in Colnbrook, near Slough, Berks, is not adhered to it “potentially harms” the child.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/crackers-six-year-old-boy-3099500#ixzz2s7kP8rHh

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

There is more to it: the child had repeatedly been sent to school with a lunchbox full of junk food, and the mother had ignored polite requests before the issue escalated.

I'm sorry, but the entire contents of the child's typical lunch (with the possible exception of the sandwich, but I'd almost be willing to bet that it consisted of white bread and cheese) is complete junk. In particular, dairy foods have been shown to be astonishingly destructive to human health. Furthermore, getting kids used to fresh fruit and veg at precisely this age is the best way to avoid them beginning a lifetime habit of eating primarily the sort of stuff that will render them fat and disease-ridden.

Kudos to the headmaster for drawing a line in the sand.

HOLA444

There is more to it: the child had repeatedly been sent to school with a lunchbox full of junk food, and the mother had ignored polite requests before the issue escalated.

I'm sorry, but the entire contents of the child's typical lunch (with the possible exception of the sandwich, but I'd almost be willing to bet that it consisted of white bread and cheese) is complete junk. In particular, dairy foods have been shown to be astonishingly destructive to human health. Furthermore, getting kids used to fresh fruit and veg at precisely this age is the best way to avoid them beginning a lifetime habit of eating primarily the sort of stuff that will render them fat and disease-ridden.

The study you quote appears to show that dairy foods are destructive to Chinese people's health. Which, I guess, isn't really that surprising, given that orientals tend to be not so good at digesting milk products as westerners. Many would argue that fatty foods like cheese are probably more nutritious for westerners than sugary stuff. Nothing wrong with fruit and veg though, of course.

HOLA445

Oh, the horror.

Since when did parents serve schools, and not the other way around? Any parent with any balls would tell the headmaster to get stuffed.

HOLA446

The study you quote appears to show that dairy foods are destructive to Chinese people's health. Which, I guess, isn't really that surprising, given that orientals tend to be not so good at digesting milk products as westerners. Many would argue that fatty foods like cheese are probably more nutritious for westerners than sugary stuff. Nothing wrong with fruit and veg though, of course.

The Chinese are not big on dairy produce! Nor the Arabs, due to lactose intolerance, so it always surprised me when there is so much yoghurt in Arabic countries!

I don't know what a "mini cheddar is"! How does it roll? ;)

If it is indeed "real Cheddar" than that headmaster has insulted my National Cheese, and I invite him to a "gurning competition to the death"! :angry:

HOLA447

Oh, the horror.

Since when did parents serve schools, and not the other way around? Any parent with any balls would tell the headmaster to get stuffed.

Perhaps the child will be erased from the form photo, like in the days of Comrade Stalin?

HOLA448
HOLA449

Case closed, hang the mother put the child into care.

HOLA4410

Oh, the horror.

This is coming down from on high.

Schools are going for the healthy-eating badge to tick a box and suspending a child for eating crisps gets them an extra big tick.

That said I am appalled by what the majority of my friends let their kids eat these days, cheddars would count as a healthy option!

HOLA4411

This is coming down from on high.

Schools are going for the healthy-eating badge to tick a box and suspending a child for eating crisps gets them an extra big tick.

That said I am appalled by what the majority of my friends let their kids eat these days, cheddars would count as a healthy option!

A message from God?

Nothing wrong with crisps, except the packets are too small.

HOLA4412

The Chinese are not big on dairy produce! Nor the Arabs, due to lactose intolerance, so it always surprised me when there is so much yoghurt in Arabic countries!

If it is indeed "real Cheddar" than that headmaster has insulted my National Cheese, and I invite him to a "gurning competition to the death"! :angry:

The fermentation process significantly reduces the lactose content hence the relative digestibility of yoghurt and cheese compared to unfermented milk

HOLA4413

The fermentation process significantly reduces the lactose content hence the relative digestibility of yoghurt and cheese compared to unfermented milk

I didn't know that!! I quite like the yogurt!

Crikey, they like their treacle covered cakes though! :blink:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The child is called Riley. Case closed.

Riley is one of those names which screams disruptive, feral Chav with no impulse control (and that's just the parents).

I didn't realise that, I'm with Katie Hopkins on this and think he should be permanently excluded.

HOLA4416

The child is called Riley. Case closed.

Riley is one of those names which screams disruptive, feral Chav with no impulse control (and that's just the parents).

Do you not realise that the crib of Jesus was held up on Irish bricks, because some Scouser had stolen the alloy wheels! :blink:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Does the school offer nutritious meals made fresh on the premises as an alternative.

Five to one, it has a "sponsored" Cola dispenser. I'm glad I'm not at school today! :o

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I was in Thailand and the locals kept pointing out that i smelt bad, drinking lots of milk make us smell to people who do not drink milk.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived