House Price Crash Forum

Ebay.... What.the.hell?

Darkman

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This one gets you woman and success and you can buy it in a shop - the mark of a man

A "man" smells of Swarfega, and Dexron! :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

They do.

For me the smell of engine oil and swarfega reminds me of my dad, but for a friend it reminds her of her recently lost partner. Luckily she has his shed full of both to go and sniff.

You are welcome to sniff my shed, after my demise! I am not going just yet! :blink:

HOLA448

Yeah that`l attract an earthy type of woman.!

What? With a full set of Metric, and Imperial, AND a compressor, and "air tools"! I still await my angel! :blink:

HOLA449

They do.

For me the smell of engine oil and swarfega reminds me of my dad, but for a friend it reminds her of her recently lost partner. Luckily she has his shed full of both to go and sniff.

I am not sure I am reading this correctly Did she not bury the old fugger? It is traditional! :blink:

HOLA4410

I am not sure I am reading this correctly Did she not bury the old fugger? It is traditional! :blink:

Yeah.

She would have kept him if they'd have let her.

It's just the shed that smells of engine oil and junk.

She has full sets of scanners and a compressor and isn't afraid to use them.

HOLA4411

Wow. An ebay buyer asks to cancel a transaction 4 days after winning and paying for it, if the item hadn't shipped. I shipped the item already, so couldn't cancel and let the buyer know. Instead of accepting the situation, the buyer then opens a case with ebay, claims I didn't reply, and states the item was never delivered. This is despite a USPS tracking # proving the item was successfully delivered.

So after all this, what do you think Ebay does?

Ebay gave this buyer a full refund including shipping. No, really. This lying **** gets the item, plus a refund of the amount paid for it PLUS postage.

And the icing on the cake? Since Ebay no longer allow sellers to give buyers negative feedback, I have no recourse whatsoever. This scammer can leave me negative feedback and I have no ability to respond.

Ebay.... you can get stuffed. Bigger companies have disappeared for lesser mistakes. Treat your sellers like that, and you won't last for long.

/end rant

This is depressing. Have had similar issues arise in the past and Ebay has always come down on my side given I had proof of delivery, so it seems like something of a seachange that they didn't in your case. Perhaps it was because it was international (I'm assuming you're in the UK)?

Would suggest trying to claim for the item and postage through Royal Mail/USPS. If you can get them arguing directly with Ebay that might at least make Ebay think twice about this in the future. Reporting Ebay to Trading Standards might be a good way to go as well. I don't think they'd like that, and you might convince TS to mediate between Royal Mail/USPS and Ebay until someone concedes and pays you compensation.

On the otherhand maybe just send Ebay and Paypal emails asking them to close your accounts entirely, stating exactly why you want them to do so.

Of course they'll probably just close your accounts rather than doing anything about the reason why you want to close them, but in that situation closing them might well be the best option.

I'm considering closing mine just from seeing your post and it didn't even happen to me!

HOLA4412

Yeah.

She would have kept him if they'd have let her.

It's just the shed that smells of engine oil and junk.

She has full sets of scanners and a compressor and isn't afraid to use them.

Please send me the shed! I always have a place for sheds! :(

HOLA4413

Have to say that the one time I went to sell a moderate value item on eBay (a Phil and Ted's pushchair), I had several people trying to get a cheap buy it now price from me to take it down early. One of whom put in a huge 'sob story' letter about how their pushchair had been stolen so could they please get it cheap.. didn't want to share the crime reference number with me though.

I'd agree that it's getting harder and harder to find the traditional seller flogging off a few bits and pieces in open auctions, it's now dominated by 'ebay shops' doing fixed price stuff. Even then you have to be careful you can't find the same stuff cheaper elsewhere.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I'd agree that it's getting harder and harder to find the traditional seller flogging off a few bits and pieces in open auctions, it's now dominated by 'ebay shops' doing fixed price stuff. Even then you have to be careful you can't find the same stuff cheaper elsewhere.

All the facebook selling groups are taking up the slack!

HOLA4416

As I always say when these threads pop up, and they do every few months. Don't spend more than you are willing to see go missing on ebay, same goes for selling. There are exceptions of course, business that you know have a bricks and mortar location but also a presence on ebay.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Ebay had changed a lot recently, but basically;

If you’re a business seller, register as a business. If you have a reasonable turn over, and run as a business, you’ll be fine. If you’re a large business ($50k+ turnover a month) you’ll get preferential treatment.

If you’re an overall buyer (net sales and purchases) you’ll be fine

If you’re a small business that’s not registered, or if you are a small time private seller, selling frequently but buying little and removing liquidity, you’ll be fine, until you hit a problem, then eBay will side against you.

Ebid is starting to pick up some more business because of eBays attitude, it’s not great yet as it doesn’t have the volume. But it’s starting to become a viable alternative. As it is there are arbitrage opportunities between eBay and Ebid, which should bring more business to Ebid in the long run as these even out.

HOLA4421

Ebay HAS become a showcase for corporate marketeers, who want to sell some shit! I have no problem with that, but it limits the space for private individuals, who want to get rid of a bit of tat for a reasonable price! :blink:

HOLA4422

Ebay HAS become a showcase for corporate marketeers, who want to sell some shit! I have no problem with that, but it limits the space for private individuals, who want to get rid of a bit of tat for a reasonable price! :blink:

They should sod off to Freecycle. I've got a lot more sh1t to get rid of than them.

Archived