House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HouseDog

Ireland Puts First Bankers On Trial Since Crisis

http://uk.reuters.co...EA0U0WG20140131

Ireland puts three former bankers on trial on Friday in its first such case since the financial crisis that forced it to accept an 85 billion euro (69 billion pounds) international bailout.

_______

I wonder if this will ever happen here.

Jury of 15 to be sworn in today. I wonder where they will find 15 people who have either never heard of Anglo Irish Bank or hold no negative perceptions?

:)

Jury of 15 to be sworn in today. I wonder where they will find 15 people who have either never heard of Anglo Irish Bank or hold no negative perceptions?

:)

The judge said jurors who had expressed strong views on public forums should excuse themselves. I can see a collapse half way through the trial when it's pointed out that, "juror X has 23000 posts on an obscure website called housepricecrash.uk, and some pretty weird views on Jimmy Savile".

The trial is a sideshow - nothing to do with the banking system, all about share price manipulation. Should be straightforward to prove.