House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blobloblob

Gagging Law

What actually is it? Is it, as its opponents suggest, an attempt by the government to prevent legitimate comment on its policies by interested parties like charities, unions and campaign groups, or are they getting their knickers in a twist over nothing?

38 degrees

Looks like instead of directly lobbying a government, people have been joining unions and/or charity groups, giving them massive donations and then getting the union/charity to lobby on their behalf.

Like a house builder, joining the national trust, giving it a million pounds and then the national trust lobbying to stop any building in a certain area.

I know... unbelievable. :lol:

This new bill will mean they will have to list their members.

It will come at a cost to the unions/charities in two ways.

1. They will have to keep an up to date members list.

2. They will lose members and donations because this ruse is up. So why join or donate in the first place. A direct bribe to government will work much better. It's like cutting out the middleman.

I sure there's more to it, but that's what it's supposed to stop.

I think?