House Price Crash Forum

Schools, Drinking Fountains And One Shared Cup

dougal

HOLA441

My son mentioned to me today that at his school everyone shares the same cup at the drinking fountain (only one cup provided apparently). I've told him to stop using the fountain if no disposable cups are provided, but does anyone know if they are violating some sort of public health rule?

HOLA442

My son mentioned to me today that at his school everyone shares the same cup at the drinking fountain (only one cup provided apparently). I've told him to stop using the fountain if no disposable cups are provided, but does anyone know if they are violating some sort of public health rule?

Cups !!! Cups !!!

Unashamed luxury.

In my day you had to bend down and drink direct from the fountain.

HOLA443

I think you are on the wrong forum we call that a 1st world problem over here. I think you have mistaken HPC for Mumsnet !

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Teach the lad to drink from the bathroom tap. You can put your head under the tap mouth up or you can shape your hand like a gutter to make a flow of water you can slurp from.

Then he can drink like that from the dispenser and he can also tell all the other children you get Aids from using the communal cup.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

'puddles! puddles' You were lucky; we had to grab handfuls of dirt and squeeze them to get a few drops of muddy water....

Dirt? You don't know you're born. Rocks was all we had, and we bloody well liked it. Squeezed 'em till us hands bled for a small droplet of moisture.

HOLA4412

Dirt? You don't know you're born. Rocks was all we had, and we bloody well liked it. Squeezed 'em till us hands bled for a small droplet of moisture.

Luxury, pure luxury. We had to wait till 3:32pm every wednesday, when the lovd stories we on T'radio. Our nana would listen to em with out fail. And ahe would always cry. This was our drink, me and my brothers and sisters would sit at her feet waiting, all 17 of us. then when the first tear was seen, a mad rush woud ensure just to lick the tear from 'er face. Once i thought we crushed her. This was the only drink we had if we were lucky

HOLA4413

Luxury, pure luxury. We had to wait till 3:32pm every wednesday, when the lovd stories we on T'radio. Our nana would listen to em with out fail. And ahe would always cry. This was our drink, me and my brothers and sisters would sit at her feet waiting, all 17 of us. then when the first tear was seen, a mad rush woud ensure just to lick the tear from 'er face. Once i thought we crushed her. This was the only drink we had if we were lucky

Tears! You lucky lucky barsterds! Everyday we had to wrap grampa in a blanket and sit him in the sun. For a drink we'd lick the sweat off his ball sack. And we were grateful.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Back to the one cup.

This is certainly not acceptable and if any epidemic such as flu hits the school, their legal position might not be too comfortable.

I went to school in the 1940-50's and even then we had fountains or taps and used our hands to scoop the water.

Bluntly, some unthinking idiot is responsible for this and I suggest you take immediate action.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Drinking fountains were the norm a few decades back, not just in schools, but in many public places. For those without water on tap at home, it was a vital water supply!

Yes and there was a horse-trough attached, and you didn't need a cup, because you just used your hands as previously stated! It's clearly not a proper water fountain, if you need a cup.

HOLA4419

Back to the one cup.

This is certainly not acceptable and if any epidemic such as flu hits the school, their legal position might not be too comfortable.

I went to school in the 1940-50's and even then we had fountains or taps and used our hands to scoop the water.

Bluntly, some unthinking idiot is responsible for this and I suggest you take immediate action.

+1

Or whooping cough, or measles etc etc. A bit silly really.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Drinking from a mains water fountain, a fresh free running stream, a natural exit of water from a rock....fine.

But to drink from a header tank in an upstairs bathroom, you chance for luck......how many pigeons roost, mice or squirrels make your home their house near an uncovered loft tank or worse block of flats water tank.

Remember that when you brush your teeth. ;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Drinking from a mains water fountain, a fresh free running stream, a natural exit of water from a rock....fine.

But to drink from a header tank in an upstairs bathroom, you chance for luck......how many pigeons roost, mice or squirrels make your home their house near an uncovered loft tank or worse block of flats water tank.

Remember that when you brush your teeth. ;)

You should drink from the cold tap. It does not fester in a rusty tank in the loft for weeks. That would be bad plumbing. B)

And never drink from he toilet, although the bidet is OK. :huh:

HOLA4425

You should drink from the cold tap. It does not fester in a rusty tank in the loft for weeks. That would be bad plumbing. B)

And never drink from he toilet, although the bidet is OK. :huh:

Mr Pin! You need to clean your toilet better!

Archived