House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longtomsilver2

Mobile Phone - Should I Upgrade?

Not my phone (Samsung S4) I'm in charge of the wifes mobile too.

She has an S3 should I upgrade to the S4 mini (is it a lower spec other than resolution) to future proof her when three roll out the 4g network.

I've heard on the grapevine they are soon to withdraw the cracking One plan on sim only for what is very little money. Won't say for fear of this sounding like an advert.

the upgrade if I sell the S3 and buy via amazingon will only be £100.

Thanks.

longtom.

Not my phone (Samsung S4) I'm in charge of the wifes mobile too.

She has an S3 should I upgrade to the S4 mini (is it a lower spec other than resolution) to future proof her when three roll out the 4g network.

I've heard on the grapevine they are soon to withdraw the cracking One plan on sim only for what is very little money. Won't say for fear of this sounding like an advert.

the upgrade if I sell the S3 and buy via amazingon will only be £100.

Thanks.

longtom.

Simple answer is....no. What is wrong with the S3? It's a fine phone, and 3G is fast enough for pretty much everything that one would do on a phone for now IMHO.

Simple answer is....no. What is wrong with the S3? It's a fine phone, and 3G is fast enough for pretty much everything that one would do on a phone for now IMHO.

Thank you. That's what the guy in the 3 shop said to me after telling him honestly that I buy my phones elsewhere. Apparently the 3G signal will improve as others upgrade onto 4g leaving available capacity elsewhere. We get roughly 6-8meg as is and use them as a tether for home broadband too.

Cars, phones, you're contributing well to the recovereh!

:P

I hope he's better at keeping his dick in his pants than his wallet in his pocket. We never did 'out' the off topic swinger, did we?

Tom, are you trying to spite your wife with this spending or something? There's an undertone of passive aggressive stuff going down. But maybe that's just my relationship with my wife.

I hope he's better at keeping his dick in his pants than his wallet in his pocket. We never did 'out' the off topic swinger, did we?

Tom, are you trying to spite your wife with this spending or something? There's an undertone of passive aggressive stuff going down. But maybe that's just my relationship with my wife.

Swissy_fit; german cars and korean phone, I think I'm adding to the trade imbalance.

7 Year Itch; I couldn't possibly say, I'm fed up with the wife being in Paris this week, Amsterdam next week and who knows the week after but I'm happy with our lot as a whole. Just trying to stay ahead if the curve. :)

There's no real need to upgrade your phone, any more than your fridge or toilet. :unsure:

There's no real need to upgrade your phone, any more than your fridge or toilet. :unsure:

I've got a new bathroom, upgraded my phone and my wife's, I think I'll research a bigger and/or better fridge. I don't want to be the richest corpse in the graveyard.

Just dohing my bit to help the economy.

I've got a new bathroom, upgraded my phone and my wife's, I think I'll research a bigger and/or better fridge. I don't want to be the richest corpse in the graveyard.

Just dohing my bit to help the economy.

I'm dithering which is probably why I posted the question here to get the answer I wanted to hear from ration minded hpc'ers... ie NO. Still might.

We had a new bathroom fitted last year and new carpets going in next week. Not traded the wife in yet though I'd be happy for a few pointers.

So you upgraded your wife with a younger model too? ;):lol:

Ah good one, selective editing. I even checked to make sure I hadn't missed the possessive apostrophe.

I think the cost of a divorce is far too high, even for me, so I'll stick with the choice I made many years ago. There are times when the thought of a younger model is quite appealing. Mind you the spirit may be willing but I'm afraid my body might be weak.

Thank you. That's what the guy in the 3 shop said to me after telling him honestly that I buy my phones elsewhere. Apparently the 3G signal will improve as others upgrade onto 4g leaving available capacity elsewhere. We get roughly 6-8meg as is and use them as a tether for home broadband too.

We use mobile broadband for our home broadband, with a dongle. We used Three for years and upgraded to EE 4G a few months back.

Three used to deliver a creditable 3G service @ around 12 to 21 Meg down and 2 to 4 Meg up,

EE delivers 20 to 25 Meg down and 20 Meg up all the time. Uploads fly.

So accepting that performance where you are (where anyone is) isn't necessarily going to match, the upgrade to 4G is worth it if you're trying to upload 1GB of images. Probably not if all you're using it for is a bit of web browsing on a screen the size of a book of postage stamps where 1Meg would be pretty much indistinguishable from 100Meg.

4G is still relatively new, Three will be the first to shake that market in price terms - all the tariffs on the main networks are/were much the same.