House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Its All Good, All Of The Time.

Okay, I admit it... I have spent a lot of the last three years either down or angry..

I have seen the engine of this country of ours frantically modified by the boomers to make them as rich as possible by draining as much money from the generations either side of them as possible.

But then I was watching a relativly poor sci fi drama called Dark Angel..

(Okay I like it, Jessica Alba on a motorcycle... and fairly interesting..)

I realised whilst watching it that I like my American teen angst drams's to also contain either Vampires, Aliens or genetically modified killing machines.. a Personal choice on my part, but its my choice to make.

One of the Characters was a Rasta..

and no matter how bad things got he would just say..

"It's all good, all of the time..."

Reflecting that we have life and friends etc, that life is beautiful..

I now say it to myself.. and it works..

Life is not perfect, its not... Labour have thouroughly screwed the country and its people.

Those who have done well have done so at the expense of all others and through no particular effort on their part.

But Labour always do this, everytime..

House prices have always done one thing... They have only one pattern..

They go up and they come down.. They do.. and everytime people are surprised by it..

I want you to think about all of the economical and social reasons why house prices can't be maintained and will come down...

Think hard about them..

Then forget it.. Forget it all..

You are filling your minds with too much information..

You have been clever enough to realise borrowing 8 times your salary on a loan that you will struggle to meet the interest payments on is not a great life choice.. I would think a crack habit would have a smaller impact on your life.

They will come down, they always have and always will..

Its what they do..

Look outside, see the snow... Forget that it is good as the fuel situation now can only get worse, pushing us into needing cheeper imports of fuel and making IR rises more likely..

Why should you forget that...?

Because you should be looking at the snow and seeing how beautiful it is..

and my friends remember..

Its all good, all of the time.... It really is

Edited by apom

Today is my wife's birthday. I was just thinking how lucky I was to be married to her. And then I read this post.

..... !

Does anybody remember that New Seekers song that they turned into a Coke advert?

Today is feel good day.. spread it around

Good post apom - we should count our blessings every now and again and put things into perspective.

I was just sat with my son watching a news report about how bringing up a child now costs the same as an average 3 bed semi.

I can't afford both...many people can't these days. Sometimes I wish I had bought 5 years ago but the world is full of ifs and buts.

BUT

If I knew then what I know now - if I had my time again - if I had the choice...............I would choose having my son when I did over buying a home everytime.

He is worth a thousand castles in the sky

Puts things in perspective a little doesn't it!

For all those putting off having children until they can buy a house - don't. A house is a house...it's a pile of bricks..that's all.

There are worse injustices in the world than high house prices.

Edited by 2005

I've not felt good of late. Renting is taking its toll on me, and to be honest I had hoped to be buying this year. (I str'd in 2003).I don't need to wait until the bottom of all this , just a healthy drop would allow me to buy what I want.

My father announced to me the other day that I should be buying again. Huh?He thinks I've waited too long, and although my gut instinct is that next year we'll really see some competition amongst sellers to get rid of year long potential house moves....his words just make me feel very low.

So thankyou apom....you're right just a little perspective required.

By the way, last night found for sale 2 detached properties just under the 200K mark. Not brilliant ones by far....but it's a first for a long time. Next year sellers will be reducing for your business. :)

Today is my wife's birthday. I was just thinking how lucky I was to be married to her. And then I read this post.

..... !

Does anybody remember that New Seekers song that they turned into a Coke advert?

Today is feel good day.. spread it around

Yes, family, friends, health, music, the arts, loved pets, there is much to enjoy and be thankful for.

But, that New Seekers song, of some meaning and presumably written to express an opinion.

To have it then used to push cans of overpriced carbonated water shows up the distortions in the World.

Apom - that could be based on ancient Indian wisdom - the Upanishads I think say how life is perfect and runs as it should, even in bad times. 'Take perfect from perfect and the remainder is perfect' I think it goes. We all need to take care not to get wound up & focused in on our tiny part of the world, it aint worth it. I've spent too long also being down or bemoaning my lot but have bored myself out of it. Many have far more severe things to contend with in their lives.

Ifs . . .

Whenever I feel regretful, I always remember a saying my Grandad was fond of:

"If the turkey hadn't have shat, he'd be dead."

It's such a silly expression, I can't help but chuckle to myself - but it does contain a fairly important bit of wisdom. No point worrying about things you can't change.

In the original Evesham (Asum) dialect, it sounded something like this: "If the turkey ud'n'a shyut, e'd be dyud, you."

Life is not perfect, its not... Labour have thouroughly screwed the country and its people.

Those who have done well have done so at the expense of all others and through no particular effort on their part.

But Labour always do this, everytime..

Good point. Just why are we surprised by this? I suppose it took a lot longer than usual.

Do you see my meaning though..

It is good, all of the time.. all of it..

and prices are less then they were last year..

Not in the news..

But at the crucial bit where you would be handing over your money..

:)

All is good

Found this old thread of mine.. and it did cheer me up..

granted there is no snow.. not in devon... not today..

But life is good, all of the time.

So much for freedom of speech.

[Moderator edit: Two of Large's posts, where he compared the moderators of this site to Nazis have been removed. He was asked to apologise but declined, preferring to whinge about freedom of speech. Large is henceforth banned from this website.]