House Price Crash Forum
Monkey

With All This Good News When Will Ir's Raise

when the US raises rates...we will follow.

nothing will happen till then.

we are the 53 rd state of america...the rightmost one...we are a right state'

the rightmove state?

There's no good news. Growth is slowing domestically and internationally. The BRICs and emerging markets are in the process of blowing up and credit conditions are tightening all around the world. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

when the US raises rates...we will follow.

nothing will happen till then.

we are the 53 rd state of america...the rightmost one...we are a right state'

Serious question.

Almost every British person I ask thinks there are 52 states in the USA. It's really weird. I wonder why?

There's no good news. Growth is slowing domestically and internationally. The BRICs and emerging markets are in the process of blowing up and credit conditions are tightening all around the world. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Good news at last!

Serious question.

Almost every British person I ask thinks there are 52 states in the USA. It's really weird. I wonder why?

Because they havent seen the classic movie called 51st State.

Good news at last!

so no good news is good news...so there is good news...my head hurts.

regarding the number if us states...quite frankly my dear...i dont give a damn.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Serious question.

I once had an argument in the middle of a pub quiz, with the question master because he insisted that there were 52 states in the US.

I pointed out that there was a film called the 51st state which was about us being the 51st, which would mean there were 50 US states, but he wasn't having any of it.

so no good news is good news...so there is good news...my head hurts.

regarding the number if us states...quite frankly my dear...i dont give a damn.

The whole lot blowing up is the "good news" I`m looking for, it is the only way change will happen.

They'll go up if/when the BoE becomes concerned about inflation being too high or growth being too fast and uncontrolled. Growth is currently moderate and inflation is bang on the official target, so the base rate will be staying put for the foreseeable future.

They'll go up if/when the BoE becomes concerned about inflation being too high or growth being too fast and uncontrolled. Growth is currently moderate and inflation is bang on the official target, so the base rate will be staying put for the foreseeable future.

They want inflation high in the hope wage inflation will follow so itll pay off the debt quicker.

The reason i know this to be fact is because Dave said the complete opposite before the last election.

The global bond market will decide when interest rates will rise.

The bond market is larger than both the property market and the stock market.

At the moment the bond market sees significant future deflation and is priced accordingly.

Stock markets and Property markets are currently responding to the low interest rates with a total disregard of why they are low. Who is right?

Governments like to pretend that they set interest rates – they don’t.

The bond market is larger than both the property market and the stock market.

At the moment the bond market sees significant future deflation and is priced accordingly. Stock markets and Property markets are currently responding to the low interest rates with a total disregard of why they are low. Who is right?

0.5% base rate could be too high. When conditions change. Unable to prevent market forces correction on asset values. UK resorted to QE after rates dropped to that 0.5% level. Similar for the US.

Trouble being it then fuelled 'recovery' speculation and a lot of malinvestment back into more HPI in my area. When market was trying to rebalance significantly.

I want to be right, and have some opportunities for being right, brave, doing without, suffering years of schemes, and so very patient. Against other people's market decisions, excitement and complacency on over-valued assets and toward debt exposure.

Instead it's HTB2 to try and enable buyers to meet high prices, and regular digs at how your savings are going to be wiped out if there was a correction, and soon back to 'be careful what you wish for' like in 2008 from the HPI-heads.

Edited by Venger

Careful.... people have spent the rest of their lives in Siberia for less than suggesting interest rates might rise for evil savers.

Or been sentenced to 18 months for "mortgage fraud".

I once had an argument in the middle of a pub quiz, with the question master because he insisted that there were 52 states in the US.

I pointed out that there was a film called the 51st state which was about us being the 51st, which would mean there were 50 US states, but he wasn't having any of it.

So which is the fiftieth state of America?

And I don't think we will get base rates going up until pay rises go above 3½%. There seems to be noises coming out from the powers that be to push up pay rates. Talk of minimum wage being increased,This daily mail plus others. Seems quite funny the Tories after destroying the unions are now trying to jawbone wages higher.