House Price Crash Forum

Signing Contracts / Mortgage Offer

HOLA441

I'm currently selling and buying and I'm heading towards a period where I will be overseas for two weeks.

I have my mortgage valuation booked on Weds and then go away 9 days afterwards for two weeks. Would it be possible for someone to act as "power of attorney" (or something like this) and sign the mortgage offer on my behalf whilst I'm away, along with my partner (we will my mortgaging and buying in joint names).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HOLA442

I'm currently selling and buying and I'm heading towards a period where I will be overseas for two weeks.

I have my mortgage valuation booked on Weds and then go away 9 days afterwards for two weeks. Would it be possible for someone to act as "power of attorney" (or something like this) and sign the mortgage offer on my behalf whilst I'm away, along with my partner (we will my mortgaging and buying in joint names).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can get your solicitor to act as attorney for the sale I think. However setting up a power of attorney generally is a slow and cumbersome way to go. To get an EPA registered has taken me 3 months and that was for one drawn up in 2003 in anticipation of the need.

HOLA443
HOLA444

sign when you get back...a great time to renegotiate 20% off...if you are buying now you mostly like are overpaying by at least that amount. hopefully by the time you get back you will have realised what a mistake it is personally helping bailout a bank and withdraw from the sale...purchase.

HOLA445

sign when you get back...a great time to renegotiate 20% off...if you are buying now you mostly like are overpaying by at least that amount. hopefully by the time you get back you will have realised what a mistake it is personally helping bailout a bank and withdraw from the sale...purchase.

More like come back and the house has gone up 20%!

I'm in hugely unfortunate position of buying and selling in London and everything here has gone batsh1t crazy over the past six months.

It makes good sense for me as I'm selling a 2 bed flat and hoping to get a 4 bed house instead. With a 60% deposit and ten year fix at 3.89% I don't see what a better option would be.

Putting a shed load of money in the bank from my sale and waiting for a crash which the Government will do everything to prevent doesn't seem like a wise portion, particularly if a Cyprus-esq grab of a savings at the next crisis occurs.

To many people have been waiting for a crash for far too long and I don't trust the government to let it happen, particularly with an election just over a year away.

HOLA446
HOLA447

What happens to you when the 4 bed you've bought falls to the same value as the 2 bed flat you'd previously sold?

What if it doesn't and the house price inflation lunacy continues?

Is it better for me to stick in my two bed flat and hope that prices fall (likes everyone here in 2007/8 thought they would) and try and raise a family?

Price falls are not relevant when you buy a house which you are staying in for the long haul.

HOLA448

What if it doesn't and the house price inflation lunacy continues?

Is it better for me to stick in my two bed flat and hope that prices fall (likes everyone here in 2007/8 thought they would) and try and raise a family?

Price falls are not relevant when you buy a house which you are staying in for the long haul.

Yes it might carry on for infinity. Price falls are relevant if you need to change your mortgage deal, if you loose equity you won't get the cheapest mortgage rates.