House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foobar

Something Different...

This is something I've been interested in for a while but never managed to do anything about; too busy working trying to out do the Jones' in the 500K race for a 3 bed semi. I find it refreshing to sit, even for a few moments (mini-daydream) and think in a different way? A friend of mine always quotes "divide and rule" for the current situation, we can't help be concerned about our own predicament ( I am no exception, quite frankly I've been obsessed ) and that takes away from solving the larger problems that face us all whether we like it or not. Interesting that we work together on this website for self-interest?

Here's a quote from the link, maybe it will catch your interest:

Fair Shares

The fair shares part of the permaculture ethic brings earth care and people care together. We only have one earth, and we have to share it - with each other, with other living things, and with future generations. This means limiting our consumption, especially of natural resources, and working for everyone to have access to the fundamental needs of life - clean water, clean air, food, shelter, meaningful employment, and social contact.

I'm not quite a hippy but definitely a 70's child!

UK Permaculture Website