House Price Crash Forum

'i'm The Victim': Shameless Thief Says Justice System Has 'let Him Down' After The Victim Who Battered Him Was Cleared

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546573/Im-victim-Shameless-thief-says-justice-let-victim-battered-cleared.html

Kevin Green suffered two broken legs and a broken arm as he fled theft

53-year-old and his son-in-law Timothy Cross stole diesel from tyre yard

Owner Andrew Woodhouse chased the pair and performed a citizen's arrest

He was charged with using excessive force and faced life in prison

Jury at Cardiff Crown Court acquitted landscape gardener in 20 minutes

Green said 'I am the real victim' claiming he can no longer go fishing

A thief has criticised the justice system for 'letting him down' after the victim who battered him was cleared of assault.

Unemployed Kevin Green, 53, suffered two broken legs and a broken arm when landscape gardener Andrew Woodhouse attacked him and his son-in-law as they fled his business premises.

Green and Tim Cross, 32, had stolen diesel from Mr Woodhouse's tyre yard, prompting the father-of-five to chase the pair and perform a citizen's arrest.

But Green told Emma Foster at The Sun he is the 'real' victim, adding that no one understands the pain and suffering he has been subjected to.

He said he is plagued by nightmares over the incident and is now unable to go fishing or walk his dogs after his injuries rendered him housebound.

'He went at me like a madman hitting me with a stick - all over 50 quid's worth of diesel,' he said.

'I'm the victim in all this. I don't think he realises what suffering I had to go through, which is ten times more than him.'

I bet the journalist couldn't believe his luck when he started talking.

Although I'm surprised that with the current system we haven't got the added sob story about his benefits being cut as he's unable to look for work.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546573/Im-victim-Shameless-thief-says-justice-let-victim-battered-cleared.html

I bet the journalist couldn't believe his luck when he started talking.

Although I'm surprised that with the current system we haven't got the added sob story about his benefits being cut as he's unable to look for work.

I would have thought breaking one of his legs would have been adequate to prevent him getting away. :rolleyes:

It's nice to see scumbags get their comeuppance but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

HOLA443

I would have thought breaking one of his legs would have been adequate to prevent him getting away. :rolleyes:

It's nice to see scumbags get their comeuppance but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

+1,000,000

This was use of excessive force by the real victim. There are two victims* in this incident and both should have been punished.

* the burglar looks frail anyway and a real push over.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Yeah, the gardener looks hard, he also has that sticking out feet that some real hard men have. I remember when I worked in the building trade as a teenager, and got drunk and into fights etc. the boss said, never ever fight with a guy who walks like a duck, he will kill you. I think that is good advice, oh and definitely don`t nick diesel from the duckman`s yard, that is a no no.

HOLA446

+1,000,000

This was use of excessive force by the real victim. There are two victims* in this incident and both should have been punished.

* the burglar looks frail anyway and a real push over.

I think you might find it hard to give one leg a whack, and then ask the person to lie still quietly while you check if it's broken yet. And his son-in-law definitely doesn't look too frail.

HOLA447

Yeah, the gardener looks hard, he also has that sticking out feet that some real hard men have. I remember when I worked in the building trade as a teenager, and got drunk and into fights etc. the boss said, never ever fight with a guy who walks like a duck, he will kill you. I think that is good advice, oh and definitely don`t nick diesel from the duckman`s yard, that is a no no.

I walk like a duck but wouldn't hurt a fly. But I get it from my Dad who you definitely wouldn't want to get into fight with. I still remember him chasing a bunch of lanky teenagers who tried to mug him when he was in his sixties. They were terrified - especially given the size of the stick he was carrying. Thankfully, for them - he could no longer run as fast as them.

I think maybe justice has been done. The victim got a bit of a scare in the courts for what was a disproportionate level of violence. That said, who knows how I'd react if I was faced with two guys carrying a fence post as a weapon in the middle of the night. I should think it would be terrifying.

The thief, well, it's unlikely he'll ever go on the rob again.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Bizarre reasoning! Still I think I know what he means. :blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Don`t really think that breaking two legs and an arm is reasonable for someone just stealing diesel, that kind of thing would be justified if your life was under threat, not in this case. IMO.

He took the stick of the two thiev`s who were atacking him with it

Accept what you were prepared to give I would say

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Scum. Rob someones property and expect shit coming your way. I feel almost american on this.

As presented in The Mail it is a clear-cut, very Hollywood-friendly, story with none of that ambiguity you often find in the real world. Hero is outnumbered. Tw@ts the bad guys with their own weapon. Shows enough restraint not to carve his initials on their foreheads afterwards.

All that great vigilante taste. None of the guilty calories.

HOLA4416

As presented in The Mail it is a clear-cut, very Hollywood-friendly, story with none of that ambiguity you often find in the real world. Hero is outnumbered. Tw@ts the bad guys with their own weapon. Shows enough restraint not to carve his initials on their foreheads afterwards.

All that great vigilante taste. None of the guilty calories.

Well, did he try and steal the diesel or not?

HOLA4417

I do sort of suspect there might have been some pre-meditation in this case to the seemingly punitive nature of the would-be thieves' injuries.

However, I think there is a big influence, from TV and films, that those confronted with violent assailants can reasonably subdue them with minimal injury. Obviously protection of property can go way too far the other way like the case in the US where a youth got the wrong house, for a party, and the homeowner fatally shot them prior to establishing their identity.

Also I think the Police and criminal justice system have a lot of culpability for these incidents. If they were enforcing the law properly it wouldn't be necessary for anyone to 'take it into their own hands' - which also implies the law belongs exclusively to those who enforce it - which isn't true. It really belongs to all those who choose to abide by it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I think you might find it hard to give one leg a whack, and then ask the person to lie still quietly while you check if it's broken yet. And his son-in-law definitely doesn't look too frail.

I'm not against maximum #%@$ing aggression if the perpetrators are a threat and in this case I hadn't read that they had turned on the victim with a stick.

So far as retribution goes I got mugged in London (Liverpool St) many moons ago and fought back so much and so hard that I was literally knocking teeth out of my target using the preferred method of face to concrete, face to concrete... if it wasn't for the station guard I think I'd quite probably have killed him. He shouldn't have threatened to kill me first. It's only human to fight without strictly looking for it.

HOLA4423

I'm not against maximum #%@$ing aggression if the perpetrators are a threat and in this case I hadn't read that they had turned on the victim with a stick.

So far as retribution goes I got mugged in London (Liverpool St) many moons ago and fought back so much and so hard that I was literally knocking teeth out of my target using the preferred method of face to concrete, face to concrete... if it wasn't for the station guard I think I'd quite probably have killed him. He shouldn't have threatened to kill me first. It's only human to fight without strictly looking for it.

:lol: Classic, I bet he picked his targets very carefully after that, probably moved his pitch to the nearest old folks home car park :lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived