House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Lazarou

Bank Wants Help To Buy Scaled Back

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25876927

Not sure I have seen this anywhere? - Robert Peston article.

I have learned that the governor of the Bank of England would like the Treasury to reduce the maximum size of loan that qualifies for a government-backed Help to Buy mortgage from £600,000 to perhaps £350,000 or £400,000.

He later updates the article with.....

Quote.

'The Bank of England has given me this statement in response to my story on the Governor's position on Help to Buy: "The assertion that the governor would like the Treasury to reduce the maximum size of loan that qualifies for a Help to Buy mortgage is completely without foundation." For what it is worth, I stand by everything I wrote.'

I wonder if there's anything to it? The comments are all on the same side too.

I have learned that the governor of the Bank of England would like the Treasury to reduce the maximum size of loan that qualifies for a government-backed Help to Buy mortgage from £600,000 to perhaps £350,000 or £400,000.

Quote.

'The Bank of England has given me this statement in response to my story on the Governor's position on Help to Buy: "The assertion that the governor would like the Treasury to reduce the maximum size of loan that qualifies for a Help to Buy mortgage is completely without foundation." For what it is worth, I stand by everything I wrote.'

...seems good idea ..why support the London bubble ...are we mad....?.. :rolleyes:

Quote.

Boe thinking of others , who would have thought it :lol:

2sao1n5.jpg

well I can think of 840,000 reasons to stay.

..yeah ..holding out for the sack ...but that will not come if he agrees with Osborne all the way to the bottom...'top of the house inflation league'..... :rolleyes:

why?...are people taking it up?...i mean, paying over market rates when they would have qualified anyway?

why?...are people taking it up?...i mean, paying over market rates when they would have qualified anyway?

..the odd scenario in this land, possibly 'because it is their right' ....even if it sinks them... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

Why risk your own capital when you can use taxpayer's money instead? Then you still have that capital to invest elsewhere- ideally with a too big to fail bank stuffed full of taxpayer funded QE- what's not to like?

How fortunate we are to have the party of free markets in office. :lol: :lol: :lol:

future diabetic lardasses too if they keep eating the sugary crap cameron has dangled in front of them.

If you look closely some minion charged with political correctness has included a plate of assorted veg and if my veg spotting is correct there are a couple of radish!

What kid is going to choose a radish over a cake?!

How fortunate we are to have the party of free markets in office. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tories love free markets on the demand side. Not on the supply side of course as that cuts across their various vested interests and fingers in various cartels like the Tory millionaire who owns most of 'Benefit Street' and all those that bought ex Council for their BTL portfolio's laugh.gif

Tory free market economics and Thatcherism? Utter sham

Edited by aSecureTenant

WOT??? :o:huh::unsure: Decrease the amount advanced with Help to Buy take out a LIAR LOAN -- so as to artificially prop up the "market" via fraud????

Nah...... :rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble