House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
djhworld

Can I Afford To Buy - Mortgage Affordability Calculator

Hi there,

I made this website to help people (especially first time buyers) determine whether a mortgage is affordable or not considering their current level of income.

This shouldn't be treated as financial advice, but I thought it would be handy for people who're a bit unsure of the costs and how it would affect them

You can visit the website here http://caniaffordtobuy.co.uk/

If you have any problems or suggestions for improvements, you are more than welcome to contact me.

Hi there,

I made this website to help people (especially first time buyers) determine whether a mortgage is affordable or not considering their current level of income.

This shouldn't be treated as financial advice, but I thought it would be handy for people who're a bit unsure of the costs and how it would affect them

You can visit the website here http://caniaffordtobuy.co.uk/

If you have any problems or suggestions for improvements, you are more than welcome to contact me.

I've also created a website....http://thinkingofbuyingyoumustbemental.com

I thought these sort of advert posts weren't allowed ?

I just thought it would be helpful for people in this forum.

I don't make any money off the site (there are ads but they return a pittance) so I don't think it constitutes as advertising a product.

Not so bad, but I am not sure about the affordability as a percentage of income.

Lets say you have a huge net income on £10k per month and are paying £5k per month on your mortgage, £5k per month doesn't really put you in the danger zone.

Nice site, clear and easy to use. It would be useful to see how the affordability etc differed if you overpaid the mortgage by say 10% each year. But nice. Tweet it, get yourself some views.

I suppose it had to happen at some point - a spammer with something worth seeing :)

Affordable 36% or below

Acceptable 40% or below

Expensive 52% or below

Dangerous greater than 52%

Says who? Don't they have a maximum of 30% in other places e.g. France?

If people follow those rules we might see lots of items on the news about families struggling and a cost of living crisis..... oh wait.... we do....