House Price Crash Forum

Hsbc

HOLA441

is there anything going on with HSBC ?

i Google's HSBC and some rumours are appearing on the back of their withdrawal policy.

i personally doubt there is any issue but what do people think?

are the likes of max kieser being a bit mischevious ?

if HSBC collapsed i would imagine we are all in a world of trouble! and gold will shoot up again.

i think the best thing they can do is to stop their policy of not letting people access their own money.

the banking system is not too big to fail, its too big for its boots!

can i call black Monday ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Banking is based on confidence, if the internet starts to Buzz with rumours about HSBC and its ability to guarantee its deposits, then HSBC will......

i care not what happens to them..its the knock on effect im worried about...would be potentially bad...off to get out a float and some tins.

HOLA448

i care not what happens to them..its the knock on effect im worried about...would be potentially bad...off to get out a float and some tins.

Collapse of a big bank might be the only option for people here wanting a reset? Just watched Surrogate with Bruce Willis and there is a bit at the end where he can let the surrogate robots, that people now live through rather than leaving their virtual reality station at home, be destroyed, or survive, he chooses destroy because that is the only wake up call. FORCE people to see the system for what it is and adapt to something new.

I honestly would love it if a big bank went down, we are going to survive as a country, it might even get people talking to each other again!

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Collapse of a big bank might be the only option for people here wanting a reset? Just watched Surrogate with Bruce Willis and there is a bit at the end where he can let the surrogate robots, that people now live through rather than leaving their virtual reality station at home, be destroyed, or survive, he chooses destroy because that is the only wake up call. FORCE people to see the system for what it is and adapt to something new.

I honestly would love it if a big bank went down, we are going to survive as a country, it might even get people talking to each other again!

It is going to happen it is only a question of time.

HOLA4411

Collapse of a big bank might be the only option for people here wanting a reset? Just watched Surrogate with Bruce Willis and there is a bit at the end where he can let the surrogate robots, that people now live through rather than leaving their virtual reality station at home, be destroyed or survive, he chooses destroy because that is the only wake up call. FORCE people to see the system for what it is and adapt to something new.

i wasnt waiting on a reset...i was waiting for some honest decent mps to come down hard on the banks...re-regulate them, prosecute the fraudsters, bail out the people, wind the banks down slowly and get the country on track...:lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest TheBlueCat

is there anything going on with HSBC ?

i Google's HSBC and some rumours are appearing on the back of their withdrawal policy.

i personally doubt there is any issue but what do people think?

are the likes of max kieser being a bit mischevious ?

if HSBC collapsed i would imagine we are all in a world of trouble! and gold will shoot up again.

i think the best thing they can do is to stop their policy of not letting people access their own money.

the banking system is not too big to fail, its too big for its boots!

can i call black Monday ?

There's nothing going on with HSBC beyond an overly cautious approach to anti money laundering regs, most likely in the wake of being fined a 1.9B USD for apparently more or less ignoring the same rules in the US. Note that these withdrawal limit stories all relate to cash. If they were trying to do the same for electronic transfers, banker's drafts or cheques then I might think differently. I mean, really, if a bank the size of HSBC was in trouble, do you honestly think they'd try to solve the problem, even temporarily, by telling 10,000 cashiers not to give people more than X amount in a single cash withdrawal?

Separately, I recall Lloyds-TSB trying this same thing in the 90s and then backing off after bad publicity.

HOLA4414

It is going to happen it is only a question of time.

Sooner the better, hard for people trying to protect big STR funds, but I want to see Carney and co, sweating like Lamont and friends when the ERM thing kicked off, I really do. Not convinced it would be the armaggedon they would have us believe either, it would for bankers, but not necessarily Joe public? A big collapse might force some of the changes CON talks about?

HOLA4415

There's nothing going on with HSBC beyond an overly cautious approach to anti money laundering regs, most likely in the wake of being fined a 1.9B USD for apparently more or less ignoring the same rules in the US. Note that these withdrawal limit stories all relate to cash. If they were trying to do the same for electronic transfers, banker's drafts or cheques then I might think differently. I mean, really, if a bank the size of HSBC was in trouble, do you honestly think they'd try to solve the problem, even temporarily, by telling 10,000 cashiers not to give people more than X amount in a single cash withdrawal?

Separately, I recall Lloyds-TSB trying this same thing in the 90s and then backing off after bad publicity.

How do you know? Couldn`t this be an easy way to stop the bank run they know will come when the details of their problems get out?Could the anti money laundering regs be a pre-emptive strike from the authorities against the bank runs they know are coming?

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4416

i hope uour right. to he honest regsrdless of any liquidity issue i think everyone should take their money out on monday just because of their withdrawl policy.as i said...these people are too big for their boots.

First direct share the hsbc comoensation scheme license btw.

one thing is obvious...the banks need to be their for our benefit...not vice versa.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest TheBlueCat

How do you know? Couldn`t this be an easy way to stop the bank run they know will come when the details of their problems get out?Could the anti money laundering regs be a pre-emptive strike from the authorities against the bank runs they know are coming?

The regs haven't changed in ages, all that's happened here is that HSBC have changed their policies with respect to implementing them.

HOLA4420
Guest TheBlueCat

p.s what are the odds we will hear an mp pay those famous words...their is no problem with this bank!

Obviously the moment I hear that, I'll take all my money out of HSBC.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

How dare you be rational on this site?

HOLA4425

If he did know he wouldn't be able to tell you. There is no reason to think HSBC is in trouble. HSBC is still turning away wholesale money, so hardly worried about a few quid here or there at the low end of the market.