House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longgone

If Property Only Goes Up In London ?

I love the dining table that's too small to fit the chairs under, classic estate agent trick. I suppose being able to eat your dinner while sitting at a table is a luxury that mere multimillionaires can't afford.

Don't people spending this kind of money on a property look at Zoopla or do they just have enough money to not care that it was bought a year ago and now the owners want similar money for a divided up part of the flat?

Don't people spending this kind of money on a property look at Zoopla or do they just have enough money to not care that it was bought a year ago and now the owners want similar money for a divided up part of the flat?

no one I know did (spending from £100--400k)

they buy a house like they would a tin of beans. They just assume the price is the price and thats that. Its like a generation has lost its mojo and zest to haggle.

no one I know did (spending from £100--400k)

they buy a house like they would a tin of beans. They just assume the price is the price and thats that. Its like a generation has lost its mojo and zest to haggle.

Haggle? From insanity asking prices.

In my experience buyers love to pay higher prices. Paying £400,000 for a semi, one that perhaps last sold for £175K just 10 years ago, makes them feel they're worth £400,000. Or same for London or SE buy x5 x 10.

It's quaint in retrospect, seeing how far the madness continued/continues. The joke is how many people offer every excuse going to make blameless those who've taken on huge mortgage debt, to push up house prices to extremes.

They're even readying with future excuses for 'innocents' who have taken HPI way beyond previous peaks, and for tomorrow's buyers at higher peaks as well. Buyers don't seem able to lose whatever stupid peak/debt they pay. Always a new scheme, and always people crying how it wasn't their fault / tricked into it / society made them believe in forever HPI ect ect.

You can tell a real man by the size of his mortgage

When I first got married, I was terrified to discover that parents, friends and various in-laws measured the success of their nearest and dearest by the size of their mortgage. 'My Brian's doing well. He's just taken out a £75,000 mortgage.' Lenders calculate how much they will lend you on the size of your income, so I suppose that a larger mortgage tends to suggest a higher income.

Do you really need the 'five bed en-suite executive residence nestling in a dell of homes constructed with the young executive in mind'? Do you want to sign your life blood away for that?

- G Burch 'Go It Alone!' (1997)

1390516895[/url]' post='1102454891']

nope. its been subdivided. It was a 3bedder

a272b07b9788f8d13092f3b4d301bbb2945c4cb3.jpg

http://www.zoopla.co...1x-0jh/15464897

still,put a bid in, you might get PP to subdivide it once more.

Actually, it's not been subdivided. On closer inspection, that's a different flat. Where bedroom three is in the above plan, is where the kitchen is on the OP plan, which has a window aspect.