House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Take A Run Up Kick Someone In The Head Get A Suspended Sentence

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544689/Sickening-moment-thug-knocks-man-kicking-head-football.html

Vitalijis Zavjalovs captured on CCTV as he leaves victim unconscious

He is seen running towards Brian Gallagher and kicking him in the head

Court hears Zavjalos 'had consumed an extremely large quantity of alcohol' and his recollection of the incident 'is somewhat vague'

The 22-year-old pleaded guilty to a charge of assault by beating

He received a four month custodial sentence suspended for 12 months with a specified activity requirement

Will also have to undertake 250 hours of unpaid work and pay £600 compensation to the victim

The presiding magistrate told Zavjalovs: 'This was a particularly nasty incident. It made me wince watching it just now.

'It was a vicious attack. We are sick and tired of seeing incidents like this in Wigan town centre.

'You kicked his head as if it was a football, he had no way of defending himself and he did not know it was even coming.

'You used a weapon - your foot - we believe it deserves a custodial sentence but you have been shown leniency because you have shown remorse and it was an isolated incident and you have previous good character.'

is

He could have killed him doing this.

Not sure that sorry and I didn't know I did it really cuts it.

Call him a racist name on Twitter and he would probably be in jail now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2544689/Sickening-moment-thug-knocks-man-kicking-head-football.html

is

He could have killed him doing this.

Not sure that sorry and I didn't know I did it really cuts it.

frankly this is truly shocking.

they seem to have something similar across the pond called "knock-out game"...where the objective is to attack a complete stranger and floor them with one punch.

quite a lot of the judiciary over there have taken a rather dim view of it(rightly) IMHO.

...I think there was one victim who actually died because of it....and the instigator got done for 2nd degree murder(well the intention in the first place was to cause serious harm)....which over there means minimum 25 years without parole. even if he would have survived their equivalent of GBH is about double the sentence of ours.....10-15 years typically.

murder 1 over there means a specific pre-meditated intention to KILL(we have to be a bit careful on this one,because there are certain grounds for civilian deadly force being authorised against even the government if they exceed their mandate) ......not maim..but 15-25 years in the clink for this kind of stupidity seems fairly reasonable.