House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Xmas Party

HOLA441

After the run away success of the HPC meet why dont we arrange a HPC Xmas Party? I am not assuming that there would be food involved but whats stopping us arranging some well deserved Xmas cheer and drinks? We could all then pontificate about what the next year has in store for us all whilst listening to the bells of Slade. Any ideas?

B)

Edited by shakerbaby

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

If anyone is up for a get-together in Birmingham, please add your YAY to this thread. If there are enough YAYS, I'll try to sort something.

Can't let those Cockerneeees have all the fun eh?

I will no doubt be in London over the Xmas festivities however I could also still do a Birmingham one if I go to meet old friends.

Keep the ideas coming. I am sure something could be planned for somewhere.

B)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Ahh happy memories of Exeter (at least the racecourse) from the weekend. Went down for a weekend away with some old mates - horse mad they are. Put some money on a huge brute of a horse with no form and it romped it right from the start at 25:1, should have seen their faces. :lol:

HOLA4410
After the run away success of the HPC meet why dont we arrange a HPC Xmas Party? I am not assuming that there would be food involved but whats stopping us arranging some well deserved Xmas cheer and drinks? We could all then pontificate about what the next year has in store for us all whilst listening to the bells of Slade. Any ideas?

B)

The last meet was the Christmas meet which was why we had to squeeze it in before all the office parties. Feel free to hold unofficial meets but we will not be holding another official HPC meet until spring next year.

HOLA4411

The last meet was the Christmas meet which was why we had to squeeze it in before all the office parties. Feel free to hold unofficial meets but we will not be holding another official HPC meet until spring next year.

....that's disappointing.

it wasn't flagged as the xmas meet!....if it were I think a couple more people may have come.are you sure you guys can't stretch to getting a meet in before christmas?....a central location would be good as there are northern flok who might attend.

how about getting one in nottingham/b'ham? before xmas.

is anyone up for a midlands meet?...I'm down south myself but will travel if anyone knows any good pubs.nottingham would be preferable.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4412

it wasn't flagged as the xmas meet!....if it were I think a couple more people may have come.are you sure you guys can't stretch to getting a meet in before christmas?....a central location would be good as there are northern flok who might attend.

is anyone up for a midlands meet?...I'm down south myself but will travel if anyone knows any good pubs.nottingham would be preferable.

Yeah. Get out of London. I would say somewhere with cheap hotel deals?

HOLA4413

I agree that it wasnt flagged as an Xmas meet, in fact did anyone at the meet discuss what next year has in store for us all whilst listening to the usual Xmas cheesy choons? However saying that I respect it is short noice to plan a new official meet before the years end yet I still cannot thinking that the majority of us will be off for a few days and probably more able to attend. Add a few Slade tracks, copious amounts of alcohol, and a twig of mistletoe its bound to be a laugh. Hell maybe we will get a picture of the picture-master consas **** and tits for a change. :lol::lol::lol::P

HOLA4414

If anyone is up for a get-together in Birmingham, please add your YAY to this thread. If there are enough YAYS, I'll try to sort something.

Can't let those Cockerneeees have all the fun eh?

I could be up for that, if Moosetea comes too :) You won't get much intelligent conversation off me though.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

i will attend as long as consa and the camera don't.

don't mind travelling :-)

will be back up in the pool at chrimbo as well at some point if there are any north west shindigs on.

slater14 - you owe me a pint after rudely standing us up on tuesday!!! ;-)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

OK, I'll stay away :(

oh shush now - i'm only kiddin. me smilys don't work in work so i couldn't pull that face that says *hmmmm with a wry smile*

come on - we'll grab the rest of the south coast posse on the way!!!

just behave with the camera this time ;-)

HOLA4422

It wasn't really an Xmas meet, but given how full the room was I think we'd have been in trouble if there were crackers and paper hats as well. :)

I'm up for London and/or Exeter depending on when I decide to do the family thing.

Edit: Or we could do new years in Exmouth, dressed up in HPC colours. And then jump in the sea at midnight. Or something. Ok, ignore me.

Edited by Nijo

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I would certainly be up for an Xmas party - B'ham sounds like a v. popular option. it would need to be within staggering distance of a decent hotel though coz I don't think my hubby would be too pleased if I made him drive me all the way back home again :lol:

HOLA4425

I would certainly be up for an Xmas party - B'ham sounds like a v. popular option. it would need to be within staggering distance of a decent hotel though coz I don't think my hubby would be too pleased if I made him drive me all the way back home again :lol:

Jury's on Broad street is good. Have stopped there a few times. It's also possible to get group bookings. It's right in the middle of the nightlife. Trendy bars, restaurants and nightclubs or not too far from more traditional pubs.

http://birminghamhotels.jurysdoyle.com/jurysinn_birmingham

Just don't have breakfast there as it's about a tenner for a continental breakfast, theres a Mcd's a few doors down.

Edited by libitina