House Price Crash Forum

Interest Rate Rises Are Some Way Off...

HOLA441

He is an estate agent he will always talk the market up regardless of reality.30k increases MoM? Doesn't see a bubble? Nobody using Htb in Kent? He's spinning a yarn IMO.

I concede that yes there is a bubble based on London, which is pushing up prices right through the shires, and London money is capable but local couples in their late 20s mid 30s offering tens of thousands over asking seems fanciful.

To clarify. He didn't say "no one in kent". He said his estate agency personally hasn't hasn't completed one sale with help to buy.

Also, he didn't say the couples were paying through the offer, he said people moving out of London were. I asked who were my competition in that price range and he said people moving out of london and first time buyers. Sorry if it wasn't clear - i was rambling.

One point he did mention is that January is a quiet month, and Feb, March and April should be busy.

One SMALL positive is that he said he expects some reluctant landlords of 2007 to begin offering their properties. Which is nice.

HOLA442

The government need to take the BoE powers away from them there is too much scope for them helping the bankers rather than the people.

Too much scope? They basically ARE the banker's bank. Pretty much everything they do is to help the banks. That ordinary people benefit, at times, is just a perk.

HOLA443
HOLA444

This has been my view for some time now. We are past the point of no return. This site was set up on the assumption that previous economic rules would prevail and lead inevitably to a nominal crash - but now the entire economy has been rigged to ensure this does not happen. It's an entirely new game.

That said, HPC is still one of the best places to learn about the best ways to cope with the system.

+1. I was really hoping for a nominal crash back in 2008/09 and it just didn't happen in the SE. Then I felt that we could be in line for years and years of a slow decline, but HTB happened. Now I've given up guessing, and just as long as my LL doesn't put the rent up, I'm quite happy living where I am and waiting for whatever happens to happen.

HOLA445

From the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25868380

"The Bank was not expecting the rate to fall to 7% for another two years."

Well, there you have it, it sounds like they were actually working on a time base rather than a target, the seem to have picked a target they thought wouldn't happen.

They have no intention of raising rates...after the election of otherwise.

We have had 5 years of 0% rates!!! They fully expected that to be another 2.

For whose benefit....,not the public as far as I can tell.

I'm sick of these unelected bankers.