House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bearwithasorehead

Chicken Kiev

Some colleagues of mine went to a week-long conference in Kiev not long after the Berlin Wall came down. They claimed that the only things they got to eat were lard and Chicken Kiev. I don't think any of them ever ate Chicken Kiev again!

Some colleagues of mine went to a week-long conference in Kiev not long after the Berlin Wall came down. They claimed that the only things they got to eat were lard and Chicken Kiev. I don't think any of them ever ate Chicken Kiev again!

lard is actually a delicacy.

It needs to be marbled with a small amount of meat and frozen. Then you take a very sharp knife and slice it wafer thin and let it melt on your tongue, preferably between quaffs of vodka

It has to have a little bone sticking up in it to show it is actually what it says it is, chicken in breadcrumbs with a buttery garlic inside. ;)

lard is actually a delicacy.

It needs to be marbled with a small amount of meat and frozen. Then you take a very sharp knife and slice it wafer thin and let it melt on your tongue, preferably between quaffs of vodka

wiki: Salo (food)

I used to visit a factory in Russia that still operated Soviet-style with its own veg gardens, kitchens and where the catering staff would render whole carcasses before cooking them. One old dear took a shine to me and would wink as she'd serve me a particularly large chunk of fat. Extra fatty crust on my soup too. Yum.

Try a recipe for chicken kiev with a piece of bacon wrapped round the outside rather than breadcrumb stuff.

My Mrs[1] takes a bit of chicken, adds a blob of mozerella and some garlic concoction and wraps it in prosciutto.

Not quite chicken kiev, but it does involve chicken and garlic.

[1] Due to a traditional upbringing (inc boarding school) and early adulthood (married young), I am one of those pitiful blokes who would die of starvation without someone to put food in front of me. When Mrs JTB was in hospital (having babies), I had to resort to eating at the pub until my mother arrived to man the kitchen. I do intend to learn at some point..

My Mrs[1] takes a bit of chicken, adds a blob of mozerella and some garlic concoction and wraps it in prosciutto.

Not quite chicken kiev, but it does involve chicken and garlic.

[1] Due to a traditional upbringing (inc boarding school) and early adulthood (married young), I am one of those pitiful blokes who would die of starvation without someone to put food in front of me. When Mrs JTB was in hospital (having babies), I had to resort to eating at the pub until my mother arrived to man the kitchen. I do intend to learn at some point..

No washing up! ;)

I had to resort to eating at the pub until my mother arrived to man the kitchen. I do intend to learn at some point..

My husband burnt his bacon today.

Apparently frying bacon and watching the baguette doesn't burn in the halogen oven is too much for him.

He ate it though.

My husband burnt his bacon today.

Apparently frying bacon and watching the baguette doesn't burn in the halogen oven is too much for him.

He ate it though.

One of my mates is a proper chef, and he seems to manage to cook things! :blink:

Do not go into the restaurant business with you partner. :lol:

One of my mates is a proper chef, and he seems to manage to cook things! :blink:

Do not go into the restaurant business with you partner. :lol:

He bakes really well. Just not dinner!

If you want cake he's very useful.

Saying that I have made chocolate and cherry cake this evening and it's pretty good.

Catering is hard work, aint going to happen!