House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Chicken

Why is chicken the default choice for the terminally unadventurous diner btw? I rarey buy any as it seems to regularly appear at communal dinners etc.

It seems I'm unusual, but I prefer chicken to red meat.

However, putting my preferences aside, maybe 'unadventurous' diners have noticed that it's harder than other types of meat to get chicken wrong.

Badly cooked chicken needs more sauce. Badly cooked beef needs a hacksaw.

It seems I'm unusual, but I prefer chicken to red meat.

However, putting my preferences aside, maybe 'unadventurous' diners have noticed that it's harder than other types of meat to get chicken wrong.

Badly cooked chicken needs more sauce. Badly cooked beef needs a hacksaw.

Hmmm.

Undercooked beef,duck(magret)and lamb is fantastic to eat and won't hurt you (in general).

Undercooked chicken will put you in hospital.

Hmmm.

Undercooked beef,duck(magret)and lamb is fantastic to eat and won't hurt you (in general).

Undercooked chicken will put you in hospital.

You're quite right, but as it happens I've only ever experienced errors of the over cooking variety in restaurants. Dryish chicken, steaks that are medium (not even medium-rare) when rare was requested, vegetables boiled to bits etc.

But... as you say, undercooking chicken (and pork) is potentially disastrous.

All commercial chickens are descended from Indian jungle fowl.

So chicken curry WOULD be a fully indigenous Indian meal except that the chillies descend from Latin America

I love a good chicken curry and Kingfisher. A good choice for this Friday methinks.