House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Knimbies who say No

#asktheexperts - Lloyds Looking For Ftb Questions On Twitter.

a mortgage is very simple.

getting one should be an ordeal as its name implies....it is a DEATHPLEDGE.

Thanks for sharing, I tweeted them.

I think this is the link for anybody who wants to see what's been tweeted:

http://twitter.com/s...hash&f=realtime

I've not got a Twitter account. This would be my question.

If fewer 2 in 5 owners have mortgage, wouldnt banks make LOTS more profit after a HPC, then millions of new mortgages on lower house prices?

Come join the fight, it's fun!

Ok managed to get an account set up, and think I got my tweet question up somewhere on their page. Thanks.

Going to escalate house price frustrations to Twitter from now on.

Ok managed to get an account set up, and think I got my tweet question up somewhere on their page. Thanks.

Going to escalate house price frustrations to Twitter from now on.

Excellent!

Did you put @AskLloydsBank and #asktheexperts in your tweet? I don't think they'll see it otherwise.

Edit: Sorry, typo, should have put @AskLloydsBank, no s on the end

Edited by Dorkins

Its great the experts can answer all questions in 250 characters or less.

Excellent!

Did you put @AskLloydsBank and #asktheexperts in your tweet? I don't think they'll see it otherwise.

Edit: Sorry, typo, should have put @AskLloydsBank, no s on the end

No I hadn't, thanks. Just tried doing that now. Will spend an hour later familiarising with it and exploring.

Opened some Twitter links in the past and seen a few other HPCers posing difficult questions, and retweeting quite a few other Twitter users VI position on housing/schemes/debt.

May try another proper mortgage question to them later. Something lines of.. Have Lloyds stress-tested market against house price correction in writing new mortgages at high prices today?

What is the point of tweeting to Lloyds? Do you think they actually care what fb's think? That they'll have a Damascean moment? ****** to them..

Marketing my boy....

What is the point of tweeting to Lloyds? Do you think they actually care what fb's think? That they'll have a Damascean moment? ****** to them..

I like to think of it as a demoralisation campaign.

The vast majority of people want to believe that they are basically decent and that the work they do is socially valuable. Every time a VI spokesman reads a negative comment that he knows is true or says some propaganda that he knows is untrue, a little bit of him becomes slightly demoralised. Over time these little drips will wear him away on the inside. Empires collapse from within, when the people who are supposed to be maintaining them can't see the point any more and put less and less effort into doing so.

I asked them a few questions and got a reply to this one -

who is responsible for the future negative equity that people buying now through HTB & Lloyds will be in?

Lloyds Bank@AskLloydsBank 2h @atadshouty Hi, I'm RC. Thanks for the question. We'll do our best to put it to the panel & we'll tweet you with a response after the event.

We'll see if I get any response dry.gif

who is responsible for the future negative equity that people buying now through HTB & Lloyds will be in?

:)

It's good to ask awkward questions. Will be good to read their response. Probably non-owning savers again, and those who hoped to upsize, and future taxpayers, to keep VI's house prices high, but I expect they won't see correction/risk of NE into the future.

Personally don't believe power gives up its wealth or advantages, even when presented with rational case and total clear logic. Even when that wealth/advantage gained in highly artificial market conditions, power representing those who've gained have already defied/overidden market forces to keep their position. It requires a lot more to effect a change, such as economy at risk of totally going under, or another outside power threatening and willing to intervene.

There's a few good questions there. Someone asked this, and it flowed so well from The B.L.T;s question, but it seems to have been removed. Something like: "If it takes a life-time of toil for FTBs to pay down debt required to buy a starter home, where is the ladder?"

There's a few good questions there. Someone asked this, and it flowed so well from The B.L.T;s question, but it seems to have been removed. Something like: "If it takes a life-time of toil for FTBs to pay down debt required to buy a starter home, where is the ladder?"

It's there, you have to click 'All' rather than 'Top' at the head of the page, otherwise it cuts a load out. Based on who's got the most mates and "retweets" and "likes" or something. Twitter is basically designed to preferentially repeat the same old crud over and over.

It's there, you have to click 'All' rather than 'Top' at the head of the page, otherwise it cuts a load out. Based on who's got the most mates and "retweets" and "likes" or something. Twitter is basically designed to preferentially repeat the same old crud over and over.

Ah got it. Thanks.

Hope they pick that one to answer as well.

Lloyds Bank@AskLloydsBank 2h @atadshouty Hi, I'm RC. Thanks for the question. We'll do our best to put it to the panel & we'll tweet you with a response after the event.

We'll see if I get any response dry.gif

Manic Street Preachers – Of Walking Abortion Lyrics

I knew that someday I was gonna die. And I knew before I died

Two things would happen to me. That number one I would regret my entire life. And number two I would want to live my life over again

[Verse 1]

Life is lead weights, pendulum died

Pure or lost, spectator or crucified

Recognised truth acedia's blackest hole

Junkies winos whores the nation's moral suicide

Loser - liar - fake or phoney

No one cares, everyone is guilty

******ed up - dunno why - you poor little boy

[Chorus]

We are all of walking abortions

Shalom shalom we all love our children

We all are of walking abortions

Shalom shalom there are no horizons

[Verse 2]

Mussolini hangs from a butcher's hook

Hitler reprised in the worm of your soul

Horthy's corpse screened to a million

Tisu revived, the horror of a bullfight

Fragments of uniforms, open black ruins

A moral conscience - you've no wounds to show

So wash your car in your 'X' baseball shoes

[Chorus]

[Outro]

Little people in little houses

Like maggots small blind and worthless

The massacred innocent blood stains us all

Who's responsible - you ******ing are

Who's responsible

Manic Street Preachers – Of Walking Abortion Lyrics

I knew that someday I was gonna die. And I knew before I died

Two things would happen to me. That number one I would regret my entire life. And number two I would want to live my life over again

[Verse 1]

Life is lead weights, pendulum died

Pure or lost, spectator or crucified

Recognised truth acedia's blackest hole

Junkies winos whores the nation's moral suicide

Loser - liar - fake or phoney

No one cares, everyone is guilty

******ed up - dunno why - you poor little boy

[Chorus]

We are all of walking abortions

Shalom shalom we all love our children

We all are of walking abortions

Shalom shalom there are no horizons

[Verse 2]

Mussolini hangs from a butcher's hook

Hitler reprised in the worm of your soul

Horthy's corpse screened to a million

Tisu revived, the horror of a bullfight

Fragments of uniforms, open black ruins

A moral conscience - you've no wounds to show

So wash your car in your 'X' baseball shoes

[Chorus]

[Outro]

Little people in little houses

Like maggots small blind and worthless

The massacred innocent blood stains us all

Who's responsible

Thanks 7 year itch - how cool is it that I ask a question on one medium and get the reply on another. Brilliant.

Just listened to it, am feeling quite depressed now :) I only know the main stream manic stuff. This is really powerful and has set me off on a manic education day.

Nice one

Silence on the Lloyd's Twitter feed so far following the expert panel yesterday. Maybe the experts had no answers?

My favourite question:

Dr Nick ‏@Drnick303 · 17 hrs

@AskLloydsBank Need a mortgage of 7x salary to buy. Are any of the old HBOS team still around to accept my application? #asktheexperts

Silence on the Lloyd's Twitter feed so far following the expert panel yesterday. Maybe the experts had no answers?

I asked twice yesterday for a reply, I got replies saying they would look into it. Still no response to the actual question though. I'm taking it that they don't know the answer. It wasn't even a hard question.

:(

I asked twice yesterday for a reply, I got replies saying they would look into it. Still no response to the actual question though. I'm taking it that they don't know the answer. It wasn't even a hard question.

:(

Wanted to put a nice question to George Clarke, but did some searching and found some flaws in his understanding (from my POV). It needed to fall further George to become affordable, and HPI isn't the best for younger people who are reliant on themselves, and who want to upsize at some point.

Can't see a date on it but it reads like something from early 2009, before the QE, just as base rates dropped to such lows, and massive house price reflation in many areas.

Can't believe there's a magazine or something called First Time Buyer. http://ftb.coinsdata.co.uk/features/features-archive/george-clarke-interview

What does the softly-spoken Geordie think of the current state of play in the first-time buyers' market? "The change in Stamp Duty is good, but it happened a year too late," he says frankly. "Look at the state of the banking system. Banks are unwilling to lend and people aren't able to borrow the money. My mortgage in 2003 was 3.8%; now it's 6.2%. So yes, it's good the market's dropped for first-time buyers, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's affordable."

Clarke highlights the problems his sister had buying her first property in the North East. She'd been trying to get on the ladder for five years, but a couple of years ago when she was offered a competitive mortgage, house prices were out of her budget. A property came up recently which had dropped by £30,000, but mortgage interest rates had risen so much that Clarke had to stump up 50% of the costs. "It's ridiculous. Family shouldn't have to subsidise a 29-year-old hard working girl, albeit with a low income, who wants to have her own home. It really is elitist."

.... So what advice would he give to people wanting their first slice of the housing pie? Quality is paramount. "Some developers do things too quickly and cheaply. It's easy to walk around a new project, so look at the standard of finishes and the quality of the building. After that, keep in mind a good location. Somewhere that's as affordable as possible and up and coming, as you're going to get increased value on your property over the years you live there. Where the Olympics are being built for example, locations like Stratford with decent transport links."