House Price Crash Forum

Benefits Trap Stopping People From Doing Honest Toil

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

In this case all I can say is: good.

Top stars of Benefits Street land naked photoshoot offer

BENEFITS Street star White Dee has had her first job offer since becoming a celebrity – a twin naked photoshoot.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 22nd January 2014

Jobless Deirdre Kelly, 42 was approached within hours of revealing she was ready to recruit a showbiz agent and cash in on her fame.

She has been promised a four-figure sum for stripping for a publishing company that runs a series of downmarket mags across Europe.

They also want to enlist Black Dee, real name Samora Roberts, to pose with her.

The pair will be given a makeover and kitted out in expensive lingerie.

They have been told that the move could pave a new career for them as the “Double Dee” glamour girls. A third female resident of James Turner Street in Birmingham has also been asked to model.

A pal of Black Dee, 32, said: “Not everybody may be happy with the way they have come across in the show but, for good or bad, it has made them household names.

“They are TV stars and they are in demand. Three have been approached by the lads’ mags. They haven’t decided if they are going to do it but a girl’s got to make a living.”

A cheeky Facebook campaign to get White Dee a bra has pulled in thousands of followers.

The five-part series has attracted record viewing figures for Channel 4.But it has been slammed by MPs, religious leaders, bosses of homeless magazine The Big Issue, police and some of the stars who claim they were bribed into appearing with booze, fags and McDonald’s meals, which the makers deny.

The street is now a tourist attraction with trippers travelling miles to be photographed by the road sign.

One resident, who refused to appear in the programme, said: “A limo pulled up and a few smartly dressed men turned up walking door to door.

“I heard from one of the neighbours who talked to the driver that they were from the ‘adult industry’ trying to buy up some of the stars to appear in sexy photo-shoots.”

The stars are said to be “thinking it over” because the work could affect their state hand-outs.

Crikey :o

black-dee-white-dee-photoshoot-361736.jpgblack-dee-white-dee-photoshoot-361736.jpg

(would ccc?)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/361736/Top-stars-of-Benefits-Street-land-naked-photoshoot-offer

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I despair sometimes! It's all about the people that own "most of the shit" paying some people very well, to help us, the not quite so well off, to realise there are people even less well of than us, and that is "entertainment"! Or is it a threat? :blink:

HOLA448
HOLA449

Benefits Street is reality TV in the same way Celebrity Big Brother and TOWIE are.

Its clearly manipulated and selectively edited but there has to be a core of dross there for the edit to be made and for it to generate a spark of interest for people to watch it..

Meanwhile the real dole dependant leeches, housing benefit dependent landlords, are viewed as Entrepreneurs.

Fecking couldn't make it up could you?

HOLA4410

Benefits Street is reality TV in the same way Celebrity Big Brother and TOWIE are.

Its clearly manipulated and selectively edited but there has to be a core of dross there for the edit to be made and for it to generate a spark of interest for people to watch it..

Meanwhile the real dole dependant leeches, housing benefit dependent landlords, are viewed as Entrepreneurs.

Fecking couldn't make it up could you?

Ah, the real beneficiaries of "welfare"! :unsure:

HOLA4411

A four figure sum? Is there a decimal point in there somewhere?

Good example of what a citizen's income would do though. They'd be able to take that "work" with no censure and no additional cost to the taxpayer in terms of administration etc.

HOLA4412

It's going to be difficult for White Dee to justify her mental disability payments from hereonin. Clearly by embracing a media career she was capable of work after all. She's hardly a severe case that can't face the world, but displaying surprising confidence and application.

The moral of the story is it shows welfare discourages enterprise.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

How is she so fat on benefits?

People in far away wastelands with barely enough to eat tell stories of the UK where even the poor live off the fat of the land.

We've had this debate many times. Convenience food is relatively cheap and packed with calories so there is no problem in getting enough to eat when on benefits (until you get the hiatus if you do something mad like move house, whereupon your benefits dry up for four weeks and you are straight down the foodbank).

Anyway for those of a braver disposition (I'm looking at you ccc, and TMT if he's still about) she is looking for a man on Plentyoffish. From an orderly queue there.

Profile pic:

article-2545170-1AEBF4F200000578-737_634x370.jpg

Doesn't do it for me but looks fairly tidy, I'm sure there would be several interested.

Reality:

article-2545170-1ADA568700000578-338_634x368.jpg

Straight into wouldccc? territory.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545170/Occasional-smoker-extra-pounds-dont-judge-book-cover-How-Benefits-Streets-White-Dee-looking-love-online.html

HOLA4417

We've had this debate many times. Convenience food is relatively cheap and packed with calories so there is no problem in getting enough to eat when on benefits

Just do a pressure cooker stew! Stewing beef or chicken legs, root crops and beans. In half an hour you will have food for four days! It's the other bills that get worrying. I've tried being "out of work" and generally I don't like it! Still the lovely Benny Office like you to jump through hoops.

Archived