House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Having A Dump In Front Of Others

I have seen in UK museums double wooden loo seats, bench style. I think there was even a triple at a museum up north, and we saw three Japanese tourists nearly wetting themselves laughing as they had their picture taken on the 'throne'. Have a feeling there was an old double loo seat in an outhouse in my sister's house in N Yorks, too. Must have been common enough here once.

e202d10d41957af8614243c57b9a756d_zps73b87142.jpg

Wondered about this....in a Hospital as well.

The toilets are totally reversed, probably meant for one armed people etc. to choose the appropriate one.

The toilets are totally reversed, probably meant for one armed people etc. to choose the appropriate one.

Don't think so. Maybe its just me - but i flush once stood up. Easier whether you have one arm or two.

Remains of the toilets at the Roman fort at Housteads, enough room for quite a lot of people to sit at the same time, effectively a bench with holes running around the edge of a room, with a stream flowing underneath.

Meh. It's just like a bodily function, just like eating. Many people sit around chatting at dinner parties. No different.

:D

You have seen that French film?

It's a cheap PR stunt, to drum up excitement over the Olympics.

Personally I think the idea is sh4t, and will go down the toilet.

Didn't the romans have communal toilets?

However as I've not been used to this I'd feel very uncomfortable, in fact I have a friend who can't even go in a cubicle if there is someone next to them!

Mentioned earlier - have a look at Housesteads, they're quite well preserved there (just the facilities and not the contents fortunately).

Remains of the toilets at the Roman fort at Housteads, enough room for quite a lot of people to sit at the same time, effectively a bench with holes running around the edge of a room, with a stream flowing underneath.

It's not the communal bench at Houseteads you need to worry about, but the communal sponge on a stick!

2773_700.jpg

It's not the communal bench at Houseteads you need to worry about, but the communal sponge on a stick!

how did you get past the Wall and escape the clutch of Rome?

You don't think that putting up a second set of handles above the one pan might have been easier? It's bizarre. Happy to share a toilet brush anyway!