House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dinker

Looking For An Energy Provider?

The Telegraph has reprinted the results from a Which survey of Energy Providers, rather than being the usual waffle it looks like solid information.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/household-bills/10583986/The-best-energy-companies-youve-never-heard-of.html

Yup, it's incredible the big six have any customers left. I use Ebico (#4 overall) and they seem ok although there are others which are better by the looks of it.

Is the reason that people have never heard of them, that they tend to use "comparison sites" which are in part sponsored by certain companies and which then exclude others?

There's a piece of tat called Broadband Choices which appears to operate on this mechanism.

And Which? magazine.

These "Energy Providers" are just middle men, between the generator and the consumer. How one can be claiming to be "greener" than another I just can't work out!. The only "choice" you have is the logo on your bill.

I'm on national power. I'm finding the energy very clean, quiet, reliable and fast; don't know about the others. Wireless devices seem to charge quite quick. The kettle boils at a reasonable rate. On the whole I think national power is faster energy then edf I had before although its very hard to tell.