House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marketbee

Anyone Live In Blackrock Mallusk

Its Detached

Its similar to this but the front door isnt on the side of the house and the layout inside is slightly different and better

http://www.propertypal.com/the-madison-blackrock-hydepark-road-newtownabbey/131374

P.s. look at this pic and the very left hand house you will see how it will look

http://www.propertypal.com/the-madison-blackrock-hydepark-road-newtownabbey/131374

I honestly don't know.

Its four bed but only one reception. I don't like that.

Four bed and approx 1400sqft. I think that's small.

And it's costing about £130 per square foot. I think that's expensive for what it is.

Could you not think about renting in the development for 6 months and see how you get on?

I honestly don't know.

And it's costing about £130 per square foot. I think that's expensive for what it is.

Could you not think about renting in the development for 6 months and see how you get on?

There is no rentals in the development at the moment. The is a family/kitchen/dining area at the back which could be split but I like open plan living

I honestly don't know.

I am not arguing with your advice as in 6 mths you will idea if you like living in that location, however do you think the house will be cheaper or more expensive in 6mts.

I am not arguing with your advice as in 6 mths you will idea if you like living in that location, however do you think the house will be cheaper or more expensive in 6mts.

I think it will be and there are no more of this house type to be released

I think it'll be exactly the same price.

Can someone please propertybee this and tell us the history?

I've been in the Blackrock development a few times over the years but not in that particular house type. Always thought they were extremely pricey but hey, weren't they all!

From the pictures of the design, I agree it looks small (for a family) but it is probably fine size-wise for a couple or a couple with one child.

Once furniture is added there will likely be a lack of space inside and no garage could mean storage issues. In a cross over with the other thread, houses tend to be close together and back gardens are quite small. It's a nice enough development but, for me, its in the back **** of no-where at the top of the Hydebank Road. Think that one is pricey @180K.

Haven't got a history of that one but did notice this bigger one was sitting unsold for ages; reduced to £195k - still didn't sell; but the developer upped it recently by £30K!

I wonder if that was due to there being a new release on the go?

http://www.propertypal.com/detached-at-blackrock-newtownabbey/129791

I've been in the Blackrock development a few times over the years but not in that particular house type. Always thought they were extremely pricey but hey, weren't they all!

From the pictures of the design, I agree it looks small (for a family) but it is probably fine size-wise for a couple or a couple with one child.

Once furniture is added there will likely be a lack of space inside and no garage could mean storage issues. In a cross over with the other thread, houses tend to be close together and back gardens are quite small. It's a nice enough development but, for me, its in the back **** of no-where at the top of the Hydebank Road. Think that one is pricey @180K.

Haven't got a history of that one but did notice this bigger one was sitting unsold for ages; reduced to £195k - still didn't sell; but the developer upped it recently by £30K!

I wonder if that was due to there being a new release on the go?

http://www.propertypal.com/detached-at-blackrock-newtownabbey/129791

We have been looking at properties in the area, and for this size and detached its a reasonable price. Really finding it hard to find this in area we are looking and we are near completion day

We have been looking at properties in the area, and for this size and detached its a reasonable price. Really finding it hard to find this in area we are looking and we are near completion day

If you are happy with the area, price and house then why did you ask for opinions on the development/area? I just gave you mine as asked but it's a game of opinions :)

I lived in Newtownabbey for 10 years and still have BT36 on my search list so I can see where you are coming from, however, I could honestly state I would pay £180K to live at the top of the Hydebank Road.

If you are happy enough though, I wish you good luck.

If you are happy with the area, price and house then why did you ask for opinions on the development/area? I just gave you mine as asked but it's a game of opinions :)

I lived in Newtownabbey for 10 years and still have BT36 on my search list so I can see where you are coming from, however, I could honestly state I would pay £180K to live at the top of the Hydebank Road.

If you are happy enough though, I wish you good luck.

Sorry, I am grateful for your opinion, just don't know what to do, we need to make a decision sn and are running out of options. I'm not sure about the area thats the problem, I just want reassurance because I like the development itself

The history of up there is there were four developments put up in the past decade or so as Glengormley/Newtownabbey expanded.

The others were Mayfield, Dermont Way, and Aylesbury. Blackrock has proximity to all of those though it appears to be more upmarket - definitely pricier and the Georgian design of the houses is nice.

I haven't heard any bad reports about Blackrock itself apart from it being a nightmare in the snow like practically all of Glengormley. There is also a dedicated bus route into the city centre - another positive.

However, as it has proximity to the Mayfield Development (you can drive into there through Blackrock) it's only fair to point out that there have been many issues there over the years that have made headlines. But nothing about Blackrock in particular.

Apart from my previous comments that's about all I can say on the development. I would be curious though, before parting with 180K as to why the house that I linked to earlier was pushed up so dramatically in price - as it looks bigger than the one you are buying and you could have had it for around £190 as recently as August.

The history of up there is there were four developments put up in the past decade or so as Glengormley/Newtownabbey expanded.

The others were Mayfield, Dermont Way, and Aylesbury. Blackrock has proximity to all of those though it appears to be more upmarket - definitely pricier and the Georgian design of the houses is nice.

I haven't heard any bad reports about Blackrock itself apart from it being a nightmare in the snow like practically all of Glengormley. There is also a dedicated bus route into the city centre - another positive.

However, as it has proximity to the Mayfield Development (you can drive into there through Blackrock) it's only fair to point out that there have been many issues there over the years that have made headlines. But nothing about Blackrock in particular.

Apart from my previous comments that's about all I can say on the development. I would be curious though, before parting with 180K as to why the house that I linked to earlier was pushed up so dramatically in price - as it looks bigger than the one you are buying and you could have had it for around £190 as recently as August.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I think whats making things harder is I have 2 young children and am trying to tick a lot of boxes. Im starting to go of the house to be honest and starting to feel I'm panick buying!

I appreciate your help

Just wondering if the OP every bought their house in Blackrock?

Am interested in a house for sale in there, but its a large semi and I really fancied a detached. So if anyone has experience of the noise insulation in the Blackrock houses then let me know!

:)

Guest Blackrock

Just wondering if the OP every bought their house in Blackrock?

Am interested in a house for sale in there, but its a large semi and I really fancied a detached. So if anyone has experience of the noise insulation in the Blackrock houses then let me know!

:)

We have lived here several years. It is nice enough area, but the multitude of problems we (and many neighbours) have had, and still have, with our homes leads me to say "avoid"!

We have lived here several years. It is nice enough area, but the multitude of problems we (and many neighbours) have had, and still have, with our homes leads me to say "avoid"!

Hi blackrock. Would be really interested to know your problems as I am looking at a property there at the moment. Please pm me if possible.

Hi everyone

I just came across this conversation and wanted to get people's views on the Mallusk village area especially from those living there a while.

Originally from Newry and renting in South Belfast. However,  we cannot afford to buy a house here. Therefore attracted to the new developments in Mallusk Village- Blackrock, Mayfield, Aylesbury, Dermont, the Cleaver etc. However, I have no idea about the area and if residents have experienced any social/sectarian issues. I am a Catholic and my wife a Protestant. Also, have prices increased, decreased or remained the same since you purchased?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

On 25/06/2017 at 3:12 PM, blameitonblair1 said:

Hi everyone

I just came across this conversation and wanted to get people's views on the Mallusk village area especially from those living there a while.

Originally from Newry and renting in South Belfast. However,  we cannot afford to buy a house here. Therefore attracted to the new developments in Mallusk Village- Blackrock, Mayfield, Aylesbury, Dermont, the Cleaver etc. However, I have no idea about the area and if residents have experienced any social/sectarian issues. I am a Catholic and my wife a Protestant. Also, have prices increased, decreased or remained the same since you purchased?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Can't really say that much about blackrock. It is hard to give advice on this because you could have a house in this area and have no problems.  Would recommend maybe renting for a year and seeing if you like the area.  I lived in the mayfield development and would never live there again.  Loads of issues with anti social behaviour but never really heard about it in the blackrock development.  There is now a bus service which is good, when there is heavy snow (rare i know) you do have problems with getting to work or back from work.  The know there was a park for the mayfield development but everything in was vandalised. Mayfield had a nickname "new ardoyne" when i was there but never heard of any issues about religion. Checking prices for mayfield they haven't went up in last 5 years but definitely less properties on the market.

Knew people in the Alderley development that absolutely loved the area - no issues - got the bus everyday to work - no issues with antisocial behaviour. That may be different now.