House Price Crash Forum

Free Money From Norhants Social Services

HOLA441

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/social-services-debit-cards-for-14-000-adults-in-northamptonshire-1-5816668

"

Social services ‘debit cards’ for 14,000 adults in Northamptonshire"

"Up to 14,000 adults in Northamptonshire, mostly pensioners, will eventually get the cards and they 
will be able to purchase anything that benefits their condition, including short holidays for them and their carer."

HOLA442

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/social-services-debit-cards-for-14-000-adults-in-northamptonshire-1-5816668

"

Social services ‘debit cards’ for 14,000 adults in Northamptonshire"

"Up to 14,000 adults in Northamptonshire, mostly pensioners, will eventually get the cards and they 
will be able to purchase anything that benefits their condition, including short holidays for them and their carer."

Glad I dont have to pay taxes in that country anymore. Here in HK I willingly pay taxes - and more than I legally have to - as I see very little waste in gvt services.

HOLA443

Glad I dont have to pay taxes in that country anymore. Here in HK I willingly pay taxes - and more than I legally have to - as I see very little waste in gvt services.

I think the Hong Kong model of government would be very welcome here amongst real tax payers....so it wont happen tongue.gif

HOLA444
HOLA445

Isn't it just them being allowed to spend their PIP (Or whatever it's called) money themselves rather than it going to pay for care via the council direct.

It's giving people choice and independence. Like paying tenants HB well.

What if they spend it all on a nice holiday and then have no care for the rest of the year? Gawd knows.

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA446

However the council will still stipulate what constitutes an improvement in their condition and will provide a list of suggested companies who can help.

The scheme will save the council money by cutting the money spent on administration costs.

So it's to benefit crony companies.

It would have been helpful if they'd given figures to justify the claim that administration costs will be cut.

For sure Northamptonshire people will be looking forward to the council tax cuts.

Edited by billybong

HOLA447

Isn't it just them being allowed to spend their PIP (Or whatever it's called) money themselves rather than it going to pay for care via the council direct.

It's giving people choice and independence. Like paying tenants HB well.

What if they spend it all on a nice holiday and then have no care for the rest of the year? Gawd knows.

yeah, i think that's the case. However, was the social sfaety net ever intended to allow people to go on holiday ?

I'd have thought it was to provide safety, food, shelter, medicine, the basic necessities.

The fact you can have a little trip abroad and a free mobility car ( underwritten by bank lending ) means something has gone wrong somewhere.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Will only become more sickening over the next 2 decades as they compete for the 1945-65 boomer vote. Shame, as many boomers see the problem.

these are NOT for your average 'boomer' (sigh again) but for vulnerable people of any age. the fact that they are designated mostly pensioners probably refers to those (of pensionable age)e too frail/ill to take care of themselves and in receipt of attendance allowance etc.

that said - if these people are so 'vulnerable' giving the money directly to them will not be a very good idea.

HOLA4410

yeah, i think that's the case. However, was the social sfaety net ever intended to allow people to go on holiday ?

I'd have thought it was to provide safety, food, shelter, medicine, the basic necessities.

The fact you can have a little trip abroad and a free mobility car ( underwritten by bank lending ) means something has gone wrong somewhere.

Mobility scheme is worth about 4bn.

Day care centre near me has just shut. Didn't see any protests anywhere about it. So maybe people have decided there are better places to spend their money.

HOLA4411

Mobility scheme is worth about 4bn.

Day care centre near me has just shut. Didn't see any protests anywhere about it. So maybe people have decided there are better places to spend their money.

Protests?

Those who need assistance are not capable of protest. Not boomers, nor even the majority of healthy pensioners.

Maybe some of them are fit&healthy enough to get around in a wheelchair, or even manage 100 yards on their own legs. But for others, even that would be too much.

HOLA4412

Protests?

Those who need assistance are not capable of protest. Not boomers, nor even the majority of healthy pensioners.

Maybe some of them are fit&healthy enough to get around in a wheelchair, or even manage 100 yards on their own legs. But for others, even that would be too much.

I'd protest on their behalf but i'd like to protest on my own behalf first. blink.gif