House Price Crash Forum
Lucinda

Telefonica Takeover Of O2

My boyfriend once worked for BT and has some O2 shares. He has received a n offer document from Telefonica offering £2.00 per share, whihc I believe is quite a good price.

Can anyone explain though, what would happen if he does not accept this offer, and the deal goes through? Will the shares end up being worthless?? This seems to be what they are threatening in the (huge, complicated) document they have sent him - they say the company will go private and there will be a very limited market for the shares etc etc.

The O2 board are recommending that shareholders accetp the offer.

Does anyone else here have O2 shares who can enlighten us? It seems to me the best bet would be to sell up for the £2.00 they are offering, as who knows what will happen.

:(

My boyfriend once worked for BT and has some O2 shares. He has received a n offer document from Telefonica offering £2.00 per share, whihc I believe is quite a good price.

Can anyone explain though, what would happen if he does not accept this offer, and the deal goes through? Will the shares end up being worthless?? This seems to be what they are threatening in the (huge, complicated) document they have sent him - they say the company will go private and there will be a very limited market for the shares etc etc.

The O2 board are recommending that shareholders accetp the offer.

Does anyone else here have O2 shares who can enlighten us? It seems to me the best bet would be to sell up for the £2.00 they are offering, as who knows what will happen.

:(

As far as I know, if more than a certain percentage of shareholders agree, then the shares can not be traded on the open market and they are 'worth' £2 paying no dividend. As a small shareholder, you go along with the big holders, there is no reason not to sell them.