House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
underscored

Essex County Council Join In

Essex CC have mailshotted me the link below offering to be my BOMAD in the Lloyds lend a hand scheme.....

http://youressex.essex.gov.uk/winter-2014-extra/news-in-this-issue/residents-given-a-helping-hand-to-purchase-first-property

How ***king props does this market need???

In my town £250k doesn't get me the decent 3 bed house with a garden that my growing family would need to fit in..... Otherwise I might take the "ree" money from the nice people.

mental.

Essex CC have mailshotted me the link below offering to be my BOMAD in the Lloyds lend a hand scheme.....

http://youressex.ess...-first-property

In my town £250k doesn't get me the decent 3 bed house with a garden that my growing family would need to fit in..... Otherwise I might take the "ree" money from the nice people.

mental.

theyve been doing their own version of HTB for a couple of years now.

they were saying 6000 families would be helped with fanfare and press announcements...One family was emblazened in the local rag....thats the only one I ever saw...fanfare, smiling councillors faces all over the press....then...nothing.

http://youressex.ess...-first-property

mental.

Your article...

Cllr David Finch, Leader of Essex County Council said: "Through this scheme, we are helping hard working families make that first step on the property ladder. As well as helping to achieve their aspirations, this scheme will also help support the government's objectives of supporting sustainable housing and construction growth which helps stimulate new jobs.

I had this hpc thread bookmarked from last June. I did my usual checks..... wonder if his home in the pretty green setting of the English countryside village is all paid off? No transaction details on sold prices for address associated to him. Jobs would be stimulated if house prices were not so high, and people trying to push big debt schemes onto younger people, to overpay for housing.

No comment.

Essex Council Mortgage Scheme 'back On Track'

Lendy lendy

A SCHEME to help first-time buyers on the property ladder has cleared a legal hurdle.

Councillor Roger Lord, leader of the Ukip group, had called-in the decision to go ahead with the initiative and asked for it to be reviewed, stating the county council should not be involved in money-lending.

But members of the county council corporate scrutiny committee voted 12-1 to allow the scheme to go ahead.

Council leader David Finch welcomed the decision and said the project was financially sound. He now hopes the first schemes will be up and running within three months' time.

The Local Authority Mortgage Scheme would see Essex County Council and five district council partners guarantee up to 20 per cent of the value of a first-time buyer's home to help them get a mortgage even if they could not raise a deposit.

http://www.echo-news..._back_on_track/

David wants to help young people. So many older home-owners do. Get you into all that debt to pay what it's worth.

Meanwhile.. cut the money from other young people services, and behold what houses are worth. Get into the debt to keep house prices inflated, and don't worry that other cuts may affect your future job security / income.

November 07, 2013YOUNG people are being tasked to find ways around Essex County Council's cuts.

The authority says it must make £3 million savings from the £5.1m youth service department budget in two years.

David Finch, leader of Essex County Council, wants young people to help come up with solutions to the problem.

"I fully accept protests are part of democracy but there's no point protesting and just saying 'stop doing it'," he said.

http://youressex.essex.gov.uk/winter-2014-extra/news-in-this-issue/residents-given-a-helping-hand-to-purchase-first-property

mental.

See how the housing industry, but not necessarily the banks per se, want 30+ year mortgages... so the charade can continue.

Affordability is a relative term however; in a country where education, healthcare costs, and personal security are of little concern to the average mug.