House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Putin Welcomes Homosexuals To Winter Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541352/Putin-says-gays-welcome-Winter-Olympic-Games-leave-children-alone.html

Putin's incredible gay insult: Russian president says homosexuals will be welcome at Winter Olympics ... so long as they 'leave the children alone'

Putin told volunteers gays visiting Sochi 'can feel calm and at ease'

He vowed that there would be no discrimination at the games

Emphasised law banning homosexual 'propaganda' among minors

So as long as you leave the kids alone you are welcome.....

So as long as you leave the kids alone you are welcome.....

Reasonable enough request - whether you favour the tunnel and/or the funnel.

Should keep the bloke on the Clapham omnibus happy enough...

XYY

He should learn when it's best to say nothing.

Agreed.

Should be a doddle for Putin if a dozy get like Ronan Keating can master it...

XYY

Ok, now removed but what you wrote was wrong. 1929crash is on my short ignore list for good reason.

Please explain the difference between my comment and that of the XYY man.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

Please explain the difference between my comment and that of the XYY man.

As HPC's resident late night drunk, and since Frank now has you on ignore, I guess it falls to me to say:

Conflating homosexuality with paedophilia is enormously offensive. Always, whenever, every time.

Conflating homosexuality with paedophilia is enormously offensive. Always, whenever, every time.

But I didn't conflate the two. Frank and you have read into my post something that wasn't there.

Easy to forget that the UK's own "no homosexual propaganda aimed at children" law was introduced in 1988 and only repealed in 2003. Not exactly ancient history seeing as we are only ten years out of this stuff ourselves. The UK does not have much to be smug about in this area.

That just proves that Putin is an evil dictator on the level of Fatcha.

I love the smell of sanctimonious humbug in the morning. It's the smell of victory.

I had and have no wish to upset anyone but from the reaction it is clear that any reasonable discourse is impossible, and that is dangerous. Recall the 'liberal' atmosphere in the 1970s and how it was replaced by an insanely intolerant view a decade later, and then back to tolerance - albeit to the point of intolerance. what will be the views of people in a decade or so?

Maybe my impressionistic view of chronological disparity is incorrect. Put it down to reading too much of the writings of that homophobe Gore Vidal. However, we can never prove or disprove any link between the two because the matter cannot be discussed. The poster who put me on his short ignore list has illustrated all the faults of post-modernism discussed in the post-modernism generator thread.

Denying any correlation between them is enormously unscientific.

Easy to forget that the UK's own "no homosexual propaganda aimed at children" law was introduced in 1988 and only repealed in 2003. Not exactly ancient history seeing as we are only ten years out of this stuff ourselves. The UK does not have much to be smug about in this area.

Your post is 100% politics.

My first reaction whenever the media direct me to being outraged by a foreigner's utterances is to check that the translation and context of the allegedly offensive soundbite have been fairly reported.

From what I can tell Putin was being questioned in the context of the recent law banning the targeting of children. So it could be argued that reference to kids was inevitable.

I don't know. Maybe he said something dickish. Maybe not quite so dickish. I wouldn't trust the English speaking media to give him a fair crack of the whip, any more than if the roles were reversed.

I saw Red 2 last night. Not that funny a black comedy which moved over to being plain offensive with a scene featuring an Iranian slapping a woman around, which had nothing to do with the 'plot'. A case of product placement no different to an in your face plug for Papa Johns pizza five minutes earlier. The real genius being getting people to pay to watch propaganda.

He should learn when it's best to say nothing.

He's just teasing the yanks.

I'm not exactly sure why western media have it in for him. His position seems similar to the Uks not so long ago under clause 28. Yes, its discriminatory, but hardly even on the radar compared to the muslim world and most of africa on the same issue. They wont touch that because they know mohamedians with bombs strapped to them are 2 a penny and willing to turn up at their homes/offices.

The real genius being getting people to pay to watch propaganda.

Who could disagree with that?

It happens all the time. :blink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542173/Putin.html

Vladimir Putin has insisted he is 'not prejudiced in any way', and that he has some gay friends, amid an outcry against Russia's laws against gay 'propaganda'.

He also made efforts to praise the 'personal achievements' of gay celebrities such as Elton John, whom he called 'extraordinary'.

But the Russian leader also linked gay people to paedophiles, who are covered jointly in the controversial propaganda law, ahead of the Sochi Winter Olympics, which start next month.

Despite reassuring visitors the laws present 'no danger' to them, the Russian leader still suggested there was a need to 'clean up' homosexuality in Russian order to drive up the country's birth rate, and defended the country's right to pass such a law.

In an interview broadcast amid international outrage ahead of the Sochi Winter Olympics, he said: 'Read our law carefully – it’s called "a ban on the propaganda of paedophilia and homosexuality". But this is nothing to do with persecuting invididuals for their sexual orientation.'

'It seems to me that the law we adopted doesn’t harm anybody. What’s more, homosexual people can’t feel inferior here because there is no professional career or social discrimination against them.

'When they achieve great success [they are honoured] – for example Elton John is a extraordinary person, a distinguished musician, and millions of our people sincerely love him, regardless of his sexual orientation.'

In a segment later broadcast on the BBC's Andrew Marr show, the president dodged a question on whether gay people are born or made.

But he did tell Andrew Marr: 'If you want my personal attitude, I would tell you that I don’t care about a person’s sexual orientation.

Putin responds.

Looking to boost the Russian birth rate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542173/Putin.html

Putin responds.

Looking to boost the Russian birth rate.

Putin does rather like posing with his shirt off and flexing his pecs in front of the camera.

To be honest I think that is all a bit gay.

I would not be surprised to find that he spends his spare time listening to Doris Day records and watching Rock Hudson movies.

I expect he has the full box set of Spartacus Blood and Sand on DVD as well.

To be honest I think that is all a bit gay.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if it turns out that he doth protest too much and is revealed to be Vlad the rear-end Impaler.

It would be extremely funny, though. Maybe he could have a torrid affair with Mugabe.