House Price Crash Forum

My Cat Just Fell In The Bath.

justthisbloke

HOLA441

Sorry about meaningless post. But I've been laughing so hard, I felt I had to share. It's now sitting in front of the fire looking wet and giving me evil glances.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

'Just fell in the bath' - a likely tale :)

Stupid creature was trying to lick condensation from the taps. I watched as it's paws started slipping; then scrabbling and, finally and inevitably, the big splash as it went head first into a full tub. Then there was a sort of cat and water explosion as it leaped out and scarpered leaving puddles and my howls of laughter in its wake.

HOLA447

Our male cat would never go into the bathroom - probably learned about water at an early age.

Except once when I got up and went in to take a shower and realised with a sinking feeling that we'd locked the cat flap and forgotten to open it.

Hence the, er, deposit in the bath.

At least he'd tried to go in the right room..

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Stupid creature was trying to lick condensation from the taps. I watched as it's paws started slipping; then scrabbling and, finally and inevitably, the big splash as it went head first into a full tub. Then there was a sort of cat and water explosion as it leaped out and scarpered leaving puddles and my howls of laughter in its wake.

I recently got one of these for our cats:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petmate-06039-Cat-Mate-Fountain/dp/B001NYGB8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389884046&sr=8-1&keywords=cat+fountain

This bit of the top review:

Our cat took one look at the fountain, then walked up to it and drank for about a minute, as though he had been waiting for it all his life!

Couldn't be more true.

In other cat related news I always find it funny when our male tomcat tries to hunt birds that are hanging around on the top of the hedge. He goes full whack and then tries a running jump thinking that his claws will see him up a hedge like it would a fence. Suffice to say he just sticks in the hedge at the point he hits it, a bit like a dart at a dartboard. He'll then just hang in there for a few minutes before pretending it was what he meant to do all along.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I grew up living in a maisonette in south London, with old sash-and-counterweight window frames. When I had a bath, the usual custom was to open the top frame of the bathroom window a few inches to let the steam out. During the summer, it was left open more or less permanently the house was occupied. This was largely for the cat's benefit, who would jump up onto the top of the window frame, and thence down into the bath, climb out of it and then go where he wanted to go.

One evening when I was around 7 or 8, I had my bath a lot later than usual, as we got back from a trip to see relatives late one Sunday night. Mother had drawn the bath but I'd not yet got into it, when, suddenly, SPLASH! The cat had followed his usual entry procedure, but it simply hadn't occurred to him that the bath might be full of water, and so he'd just jumped off the window and into the bath without looking. The jump was a good 4-5 feet, and so it was quite spectacular. For the rest of his life (at least, until he became too arthritic to do the jumps and we put a cat flap in the back door for him) he would stand on top of the window frame for a couple of minutes, studying the scene below, to make absolutely sure that the bath was empty.

HOLA4415

From another of the reviews ...

The fountain is excellent, easy to set up and has different heights for drinking. However I have yet to see the cat drink from it. She is very fussy and only eats wet food so maybe she does not need the water. I have given the fountain five stars because it is excellent. The cat gets no stars.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

An amazingly stupid cat got into the cupboard under the kitchen sink, than behind the hardboard bit and into the base of the kitchen unit! I could hear a cat but I could not see it! I had to rip the base off the kitchen unit with a claw-hammer, and the little ******* came out covered in dust and cobwebs, looking embarrassed! :blink:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The cat I used to have always used to drink from the fish tank, don't know if it was because of thirst, flavour or of the hope of reaching the fish at some point. ;)

Our last cat used to drink from the fishpond or from a bowl of water which had been sitting by the fireplace for days on end. Our current cat drinks from a bucket in the garden which has a plant and some soil in it. Neither of our cats have wanted fresh tap water.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

It was more like this:

Two thoughts. i) who films their Mrs in the bath with a wet pussy and then puts it on youtube? ii) gosh, an awful lot of footage exists of cats falling in baths.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

My pussy likes it fresh and on the kitchen table.

It seems to be where he has adapted our traits, he wants to drink out of a pint glass of fresh from the tap water, nothing else will do.

He only fell in a full bath once when he was a kitten, he learned.. He now likes to sit in the sunk (where he gets groomed). I would love to adapt him to water though is that possible?

HOLA4425

Archived